Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Installing Prepar3D in Win10

Just made the switch from Windows 7 64-bit Pro, to Windows 10 Pro. Trying to re-install the Prepar3D which worked fine in Win7m but after the install finishes and I try to click on the desktop icon, I get an error box that it cannot start because of MSCVR100.dll is missing, yet I have copied and pasted it from my Win7 drive.

Any ideas/suggestions, please? Thanks.

Further to this issue, which has now disappeared after downloading a new installer from my account at LM, now the installation halts part way asking for the location of can files when they are clearly bundled with that installer. It is so frustrating that I cannot get P3D v2 into Windows 10.

Any help/tips/advice, from those who have successfully installed into Windows 10, most welcome. Thanks.

Bump

Sound's like a tricky one Rick, would be interesting to find the reason for this 

Ooops, typos error, I meant cab files.

Thanks for at least taking the time to respond, Elaine.

The switch to Windows 10 has gone far better than I expected. It probably paid to wait until all the gremlins were sorted out before I made the switch from Win 7.

The switch to Windows 10 has gone far better than I expected. It probably paid to wait until all the gremlins were sorted out before I made the switch from Win 7.

I personally did not have one single bug since switching to Win 10, and I have done this with the Insider Preview.

:wink:

Best Microsoft OS in a long time.

I personally did not have one single bug since switching to Win 10, and I have done this with the Insider Preview.

:wink:

Best Microsoft OS in a long time.

I'm happy for you, but that in now way helps me.

Strangly, I get the same error since I updated P3D to V3.1 yesterday. When I close P3D I get an error in the Windows error log referring to MSVCR100.dll as faulting module. So far there appears to be no effect in flight (not tested over hours) but the error is annoying as Windows tries to submit the error report each time to Microsoft unleass you stop that service.

I also tried to udate the Visual 2013 ++ libraries - but no effect.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/windows-7-8-1-und-10-windows-allgemein/316128-msvcr100-dll-fehlt.html

Sorry, it's German. but it basically says: reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, 32bit AND 64bit.

msvcr100.dll is the 2010 version, not the 2013.

I'm happy for you, but that in now way helps me.

Sorry, I just don't like people talking trash about an OS which they do (did) not use.  :wink:

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/windows-7-8-1-und-10-windows-allgemein/316128-msvcr100-dll-fehlt.html

Sorry, it's German. but it basically says: reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, 32bit AND 64bit.

msvcr100.dll is the 2010 version, not the 2013.

Sorry, I just don't like people talking trash about an OS which they do (did) not use.  :wink:

I di not state that I did NOT like Windows 10 OS. Quite the contrary. Nowhere in my post do I state that. All I said was trying to re-install P3D v2 in Windows 10 was throwing up an install error. I suggest next time you take the time to read the OP carefully because so far in this thread, nobody has trashed any OS!

I di not state that I did NOT like Windows 10 OS. Quite the contrary. Nowhere in my post do I state that. All I said was trying to re-install P3D v2 in Windows 10 was throwing up an install error. I suggest next time you take the time to read the OP carefully because so far in this thread, nobody has trashed any OS!

Well, it sounded like that. Sorry.

I hear Windows trash talk everywhere and I am so sick of it (like iOS trashtalk, Android trashtalk and so on).

I installed P3d now 3 times in Win 10 and never had a single problem. That's why I think it's not a Windows problem itself.

Just reinstall the 2010 VC++ libs and see what happens?!

Well, it sounded like that. Sorry.

I hear Windows trash talk everywhere and I am so sick of it (like iOS trashtalk, Android trashtalk and so on).

I installed P3d now 3 times in Win 10 and never had a single problem. That's why I think it's not a Windows problem itself.

Just reinstall the 2010 VC++ libs and see what happens?!

Thanks for that suggestion. Will give it a go.

Thanks for the heads-up, Stefan.

All now installed without a hitch.