Sign in to follow this  
2018paulrobbinx

Controller failure in V2.5

Hello,

Last night I was flying a flight on the simulator and suddenly all my control stopped working and my hat switch(s) stopped working. I am flying in prepare3D V2.5. I use a Logitech Exteme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals, and a saitek pro flight yoke. I've tried restarting the sim several times, restarting the computer several times, and unplugging and repluging the USB ports to all three devices. What confounds me even further is whenever I going to the control settings to try and recalibrate them they still show up in the Sim directory, but they don't work. Because it's two different companies' joysticks that are not working I have to believe that it's the Sim's fault has anyone had this problem before and can anyone help me?

What is your operating system?

Windows 8 and 8.1 have a well known controller failure bug. This issue is not present under Windows 7 or Windows 10 - the current recommendation for users affected by that particular issue is to either roll back to Windows 7, or roll forward to Windows 10.

Good luck!

-Greg

Before you go to all that trouble to roll back Windows please look at this and take these steps to see if it fixes your issue. It is likely Windows Power Management. Check the Properties, Power Management settings for your control devices in Device Manager, Human Interface Devices. Uncheck power management on any that have it selected.  For the Saitek devices look for the zip file mentioned in the post below.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480128-finally-issue-free-saitek-cessna-pro-flight-drivers-for-windows-10/#entry3343691

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Before you go to all that trouble to roll back Windows please look at this and take these steps to see if it fixes your issue. It is likely Windows Power Management. Check the Properties, Power Management settings for your control devices in Device Manager, Human Interface Devices. Uncheck power management on any that have it selected.  For the Saitek devices look for the zip file mentioned in the post below.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480128-finally-issue-free-saitek-cessna-pro-flight-drivers-for-windows-10/#entry3343691

Yes sir, I tried all the things listed above. I Have unchecked all the pwr management boxes and changed all the USB ports, and still the same thing appears in the sim. This has never happened before. I am totally confused. When I get in the sim none of the controllers works (and yet, it is verified on) and it even registers when I go into the control settings from the menu bar. Have you ever seen this before?

Ok, I figured it out, I'm an idiot. Idk why I didn't think of this before I went through every other option in the book, but somehow the (use other controllers box) was unchecked. I bet my sister screwed around with it while she was sitting at my sim desk. Well, lesson learned, and once again...I am an idiot. Thank you all very much for helping me in my stupidity :-)!