Sign in to follow this  

P3D V3.1 - Dynamic Reflections - be careful with this setting.

With my testing of this new graphics setting for V3.1, and adding LM's information regarding this setting ... it can be VERY demanding on the GPU.  It's look VERY nice when used and some existing aircraft and/or supporting surfaces do indeed make use of it (most aircraft glass windows will make use of it, PMDG, Majestic, etc.) but runways (with rain) and other uses are dotted around ... some 3PDs will make use of it "as is" and I'm sure other's will start to incorporate in their future updates.

I'm currently running Dynamic Reflections = Low, suggest folks experiment, but if you see a big FPS drop or stutters, you might want to adjust this setting first.  By default it is turned OFF.  The setting is very GPU intensive so how this setting will impact your FPS will depend on the GPU you use ... you've been warning.

Cheers, Rob.

This makes me think that if anywhere in your aircraft or scenery you have two mirrored surfaces facing each other, whatever you do don't get in between them and look into the mirrors.   It's almost too much to handle in real life!!!  So yeah, thanks for the warning!

Hi Rob, thanks for the tip, hope its not another case like FSX Bloom, its great its there but cant use it.

could you please state what GPU you are using for this test

Also CPU clock speed much appreciated

cheers

With my testing of this new graphics setting for V3.1, and adding LM's information regarding this setting ... it can be VERY demanding on the GPU.  It's look VERY nice when used and some existing aircraft and/or supporting surfaces do indeed make use of it (most aircraft glass windows will make use of it, PMDG, Majestic, etc.) but runways (with rain) and other uses are dotted around ... some 3PDs will make use of it "as is" and I'm sure other's will start to incorporate in their future updates.

I'm currently running Dynamic Reflections = Low, suggest folks experiment, but if you see a big FPS drop or stutters, you might want to adjust this setting first.  By default it is turned OFF.  The setting is very GPU intensive so how this setting will impact your FPS will depend on the GPU you use ... you've been warning.

Cheers, Rob.

Did a quick test with the A36 60th ann'v , went from low to high, no problems with the 980TI, fps set at 30, actual frames 30/30.1 very steady. very smooth.

No Addons yet.

bob

Cheers, Rob.

Where is this setting you speak of ? thanks Rob

Rich Sennett

but runways (with rain) and other uses are dotted around 

Rob,

Have not installed 3.1 yet. Do you know if REX4 runway textures take advantage of this feature?

Thanks

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Did a quick test with the A36 60th ann'v , went from low to high, no problems with the 980TI, fps set at 30, actual frames 30/30.1 very steady. very smooth.

No Addons yet.

bob

Anyone know where this feature is - thanks

Rich Sennett

Anyone know where this feature is - thanks

Lighting tab in P3D's settings.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Lighting tab in P3D's settings.

Thanks I know that but its the same old same old tick boxes nothing new there - what am I missing ?

This is what I see

9gc1fc.jpg

Wow just looked at about and it says I am still on 3.0 - thats crazy as I installed 3.1 off to install it again yikes

Rich Sennett

What I see

956493bandicam20151222004545579.jpg

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Thanks I know that but its the same old same old tick boxes nothing new there - what am I missing ?

Sounds like you're missing 3.1 and still on 3.0.

Have not installed 3.1 yet. Do you know if REX4 runway textures take advantage of this feature?

Sorry I don't know, perhaps the REX folks can chime in?  I use REX 4 for clouds and sky textures.

980Ti is a strong GPU ... it'll really depends on location and how liberal the 3PDs was with materials (runways, aircraft, building windows, etc. etc.) and other graphics settings being used.  Like I said, expect to see newer 3PD releases to incorporate ... technically just about all surfaces can have some degree of dynamic reflection ... lets hope 3PDs don't make ALL surfaces that way ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds like you're missing 3.1 and still on 3.0.

Sorry I don't know, perhaps the REX folks can chime in?  I use REX 4 for clouds and sky textures.

980Ti is a strong GPU ... it'll really depends on location and how liberal the 3PDs was with materials (runways, aircraft, building windows, etc. etc.) and other graphics settings being used.  Like I said, expect to see newer 3PD releases to incorporate ... technically just about all surfaces can have some degree of dynamic reflection ... lets hope 3PDs don't make ALL surfaces that way ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Yes Rob as you can see its not installing the latest version any help as to why would be appreciated - I installed the latest update but its not updating to the latest version - this is very strange

2e1bn75.jpg

As you can see I did install it

2vvumbl.jpg

Looks to me that there is no way to get new version without a fresh install as I have tried twice now still does not update - something is not adding up here

Rich Sennett

Yes Rob as you can see its not installing the latest version any help as to why would be appreciated - I installed the latest update but its not updating to the latest version - this is very strange

You did the wrong way. You were not suposed install over V3, instead you should have uninstalled V3 client and after that installed V3.1 client.

Looks to me that there is no way to get new version without a fresh install as I have tried twice now still does not update - something is not adding up here

You need to reinstall the proper way, the way suggested in the previous thread doesn't add the feature.