Sign in to follow this  

P3D V3.1 - Dynamic Reflections - be careful with this setting.

A yes or no will suffice.

Yes its now animated...but its not that much better...its still not as good as FSX

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What I meant was are the water improvements part of the client.msi

I don't want to completely uninstall/reinstall P3D again.

Does the client contain the water improvements?

Mark

Yes and No

Yes the core code (Client installer) has what is needed to implement improved water processing, the content installer will include textures and fx files with appropriate settings to leverage the core code (aka client update).  Information on how these installers work and how to update v3.0 to v3.x is contained in the Learning Center.chm.

Yes Rob as you can see its not installing the latest version any help as to why would be appreciated - I installed the latest update but its not updating to the latest version - this is very strange...

You indicated you ran Setup.exe for V3.1, this is not the correct way to update (per Learning center.chm).  You should have opened Control Panel, Uninstalled "Prepar3D v3 Academic Client", then gone to your downloaded V3.1 and ran the Client_Install.msi which will prompt you for license info ... this would bring your core up to V3.1.2.15831.  

Since you didn't do this Rich and ran Setup.exe, I have no idea what state your install might be in, so my recommendation would be to wipe and start over from scratch with V3.1 ... I have posted several threads on how to do the update v3.0 to v3.x, but the same information is in your V3.0 Learning Center.chm.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes and No

Yes the core code (Client installer) has what is needed to implement improved water processing, the content installer will include textures and fx files with appropriate settings to leverage the core code (aka client update).  Information on how these installers work and how to update v3.0 to v3.x is contained in the Learning Center.chm.

You indicated you ran Setup.exe for V3.1, this is not the correct way to update (per Learning center.chm).  You should have opened Control Panel, Uninstalled "Prepar3D v3 Academic Client", then gone to your downloaded V3.1 and ran the Client_Install.msi which will prompt you for license info ... this would bring your core up to V3.1.2.15831.  

Since you didn't do this Rich and ran Setup.exe, I have no idea what state your install might be in, so my recommendation would be to wipe and start over from scratch with V3.1 ... I have posted several threads on how to do the update v3.0 to v3.x, but the same information is in your V3.0 Learning Center.chm.

Cheers, Rob.

Got it installed but planes showing up that are not in the simobjects folder - NGX is in simobjects folder but not in Prepar3d so it looks like a fresh install man oh man - thanks

By the way Orbx is going to freak Their stuff does not work with this new patch - NA LC - object flow - freeware airports hosed and other than trees and global which I think is still working is all I had installed so more to come on that

Rich Sennett

I think I'm going to wait on all this....   :blink:

My 3.0 install is working fine.

I think I'm going to wait on all this....   :blink:

My 3.0 install is working fine.

If your into water then this would be worth it - does look better - other than that you may want to wait - haven't had much time to play with dynamic reflections as I am doing a fresh install for the 200th time

Rich Sennett

Orbx products do work, just less ObjectFlow features ... I'm sure Orbx will get that sorted out soon enough.

Well Rich, your pain is self inflicted, if you had just read the PDF on you accounts/download page you'd be looking for dynamic content right now rather than re-installing ;) ... it's actually kinda fun to discover what 3PD products are already working with Dynamic Reflections ... just waiting for someone to do a fully chromed PMDG 777 paint (hint hint) and set the Global Environment map :)

Cheers, Rob.

Orbx products do work, just less ObjectFlow features ... I'm sure Orbx will get that sorted out soon enough.

Well Rich, your pain is self inflicted, if you had just read the PDF on you accounts/download page you'd be looking for dynamic content right now rather than re-installing ;) ... it's actually kinda fun to discover what 3PD products are already working with Dynamic Reflections ... just waiting for someone to do a fully chromed PMDG 777 paint (hint hint) and set the Global Environment map :)

Cheers, Rob.

Cool Rob can you post a few of those names that are working so I can see what you are talking about :) 

Rich Sennett

For a person who is not much into water is there any change which adds immersion inside the virtual cockpit ??

Guest tymk

For a person who is not much into water is there any change which adds immersion inside the virtual cockpit ??

Well, they've fixed the issue where correct night textures would not load at dusk -- were any of your planes affected?

Tym

And we can now fly with more than 24 2D views open without P3D crashing.

What a relief!

(I'd like to see that guy's cockpit.)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Those of you who have had the courage to update to 3.1 could you be kind enough to post some images of what dynamic reflections looks like. Whatever add ons you may have that it affects would do. Im keen to find out if this affects the exterior models of aircraft i.e pmdg 737. Maybe repainters need to do something in specific to apply this new feature. Thanks in advance.

Elpidio Sánchez-Marcos

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

can anyone post a few screenshots? Does it really mean we won't see those weird mountains anymore? :P

Victor Roos