Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

ORBX SOCAL out

Going to wait to hear how well it plays with fsdt KLAX, KLAS and latinVFR KSAN first.

• Upvote 1

I believe we have crashed the Flightsimstore...

They took my payment and crashed  :Hmmmph:

Edit:  .. and recovered.. downloading now  :wub:

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thats normal Bert  :wink:

Rich Sennett

That was disloyal to you. They chose a Bonanza as product teaser in a couple of shots :-)

Going to wait to hear how well it plays with fsdt KLAX, KLAS and latinVFR KSAN first.

Exactly my point. Especially LatinVFR KSAN has very nice 1 mi surrounding area. I hope it will merge well with Orbx.

FSDT KLAS has issues but I think I have a fix for that. Same issue as with vector.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107874-sca-compatibility-index/

This link tells you how to make SCA compatible with FSDT LAS, LatinVFR KSAN, KSNA and 29 palms KTNP

Holger has even got rid of the plateau that LAS sits on

FSDT KLAS has issues but I think I have a fix for that. Same issue as with vector.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107872-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klas/

That post covers every airport I have for SCA then, should be good to go. So is KPSP from ORBX no longer considered a global product since it falls into the new SCA area? Not that it matters , just semantics I guess.

I don't value in regions any more.. Since I usually do hybrid.. I don't have the patience to keep changing the stuff.. i always leave it in hybrid mode... so not sure If I am using all the stuff from regions.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hybrid still uses 99.5% of the region specific features. Hybrid mode simply changes some autogen descriptions so that they work the world over.

FSDT KLAX +NGX+ Socal = OOM 

LA area even in a default with low settings is rough on FPS 

Well...I have a zip-bang download speed...from my ISP...but am crawling with a finish time of over 6 hours!!!   The WHOLE WORLD is downloading this chunk of California. It would make Arnold proud...."South Cal?  I'll be... back!"

Glad its out so that now MAYBE they will get NA Landclass done within the next year hopefully.  That is what I'm waiting on!

Sean Green

FSDT KLAX +NGX+ Socal = OOM 

LA area even in a default with low settings is rough on FPS 

Are you using P3Dv3? The rule of thumb for me is to never use ORBX region with PMDG.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Are you using P3Dv3? The rule of thumb for me is to never use ORBX region with PMDG.

Yep V3 I also fly smaller GA aircraft too though (Realair/Carenado etc.)  If I were to only fly heavy metal I probably wouldn't even use regions either. You can't see any details at FL380 anyways.