Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

ORBX SOCAL out

I get OOM's with NCA so for now I'm staying away from SoCal until I can at least upgrade from P3D v2.4 to v3.0 which evidently handles OOM's much better....

I get OOM's with NCA so for now I'm staying away from SoCal until I can at least upgrade from P3D v2.4 to v3.0 which evidently handles OOM's much better....

Martin...here is a good tip...

Fire up P3D v2.4...and place yourself at a South Cal airport, with the plane you wish to fly. Then save the flight as DEFAULT.  Shut down P3D v2.4

Now..fire up again...and you will ONLY load in the VAS load for that airport and surrounding South Cal region...not also any other scenes that you had as default, and from which you are changing to a South Cal destination. That will drop your VAS significantly.

Yep V3 I also fly smaller GA aircraft too though (Realair/Carenado etc.)  If I were to only fly heavy metal I probably wouldn't even use regions either. You can't see any details at FL380 anyways.

V3 heh? Ok, then SoCal will also be on the not-buy list for me.  Life is too short to have to deal with OOM again.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I have FTX Global and now also Orbx So Cal. looks like i can only have one or the other active, not both. So if i fly a route from San Diego to San Francisco, There will be no Ftx after So Cal ends. I would have to land and shut the sim down, switch back to Global and then resume my flight or Also purchase Northern Cal to complete the california package.. I guess because SoCal has something that Global already has? Not sure, just asking to enlighten me.

Thanks,

Ed

So Cal Looks awesome now by the way!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

I have FTX Global and now also Orbx So Cal. looks like i can only have one or the other active, not both. So if i fly a route from San Diego to San Francisco, There will be no Ftx after So Cal ends. I would have to land and shut the sim down, switch back to Global and then resume my flight or Also purchase Northern Cal to complete the california package.. I guess because SoCal has something that Global already has? Not sure, just asking to enlighten me.

Thanks,

Ed

You can select Global in "Hybrid mode" and both will be active.

Bert

You can select Global in "Hybrid mode" and both will be active.

SWEET!!!   Thanks Bert!!!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Im on the fence about buying this, I hear people are getting OOMs in P3D V3 with PMDG products. I only fly those with FSDT REX ASN and ORBX Global, I would like to add SoCal but not at the risk of OOM'ing. Can anybody else chime in that run those addons?

Don't bother.  I have most of ORBX products and enjoy them.  However SOCAL is just not usable with my system, unless of course, if I had a Cray computer..................

The frame rates are horrible, and there is a total lack of smoothness.  My system should be able to handle it but alas.........................

Running:

Prepar3d V3.1

Win 10

4820K OC 4.5

24gb ram

ssd

GTX 980 Ti

• Upvote 2

Don't bother.  I have most of ORBX products and enjoy them.  However SOCAL is just not usable with my system, unless of course, if I had a Cray computer..................

The frame rates are horrible, and there is a total lack of smoothness.  My system should be able to handle it but alas.........................

Running:

Prepar3d V3.1

Win 10

4820K OC 4.5

24gb ram

ssd

GTX 980 Ti

Turn the autogen down to "Sparse". Your system is almost identical to mine and with the Lancair Legacy I am getting about 20 fps in downtown San Diego. About 30 fps between San Diego and the mountains to the east. Hitting the limiter at 60 fps in the valley near Visilia. All with textures at 4096, mesh 100, in FSX-SE.

My biggest issue (actually quite a huge problem) is the color balance is WAY too green for December in southern California. Check out real world pictures of Imperial Beach and El Centro for comparison.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed,

Just set FTX Central too North America and you should be good to go!

Cheers

Martin

I have a question, for those who have FTX Nor Cal, FTX Global, FTX So Cal.... What area would we set to active if I want to fly from So Cal to Nor Cal and vice versa?

Since we can only have one region activated at one time, I'm not sure which one to pick. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Tick North America in FTX Central to fly between NCA and SCA.  Activating North America activates both regions.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks Swewart

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Turn the autogen down to "Sparse". Your system is almost identical to mine and with the Lancair Legacy I am getting about 20 fps in downtown San Diego. About 30 fps between San Diego and the mountains to the east. Hitting the limiter at 60 fps in the valley near Visilia. All with textures at 4096, mesh 100, in FSX-SE.

My biggest issue (actually quite a huge problem) is the color balance is WAY too green for December in southern California. Check out real world pictures of Imperial Beach and El Centro for comparison.

I have tried all sorts of settings, to include no autogen.  The results are the same.  Poor frame rates and no smooth movement.  The only way I can improve it is to remove it from my computer.  I believe this ORBX software title is only good for the most advanced computer system.