Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

FedEx needs your help!

Hey Guys,

Grab your favorite freighter and help FedEx with the record package delivery crunch this holiday season!

They have contracted many other freight companies to handle the Christmas load (within the flightsim world, not in real life as far as I know...but they DO rent U-haul trucks in real life...saw it in the news).

Here is Steve helping out with an Evergreen 777F from KPHL to KLAX...DHL is lending a hand too...they have us all up and down the ramp

LIQXbc.jpg

Taxiing out past an airline that has merged into oblivion (but they still have this paint flying around until they can get them all repainted)

JFwA9W.jpg

Winds were brutal heading west....

ZrMeDj.jpg

Here is my next effort to lend a hand....Atlas about to haul several hundred tons of Christmas packages from KSEA to KMEM.

kumTnx.jpg

I saw Pinlifter hauling with Centurion a bit ago, maybe that big orange (or is it dark yellow?) 777F will join in and help a beleaguered FedEx fleet!  :wink:

Let's see you freight dogs step up, and those who typically fly flesh bags ...errr...passengers...grab a freighter and get those packages delivered and make everyone's Christmas a little happier!

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Nice pics! I think Fedex is indeed contracting with other carriers or wet leasing as i've seen 747s on flightaware with a fedex flight number.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Nice pics! I think Fedex is indeed contracting with other carriers or wet leasing as i've seen 747s on flightaware with a fedex flight number.

Thanks Regis!

I wondered if they were...didn't research too much before I posted but suspected they might be...It was a trip to see the news article showing FedEx (and UPS) drivers putting town around in U-Haul trucks!  

Makes sense though, no need to carry a Christmas-level amount of very expensive aircraft for a seasonal rush.  :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve, I've never seen another cargo carrier on the FEDEX pad at DFW but I have seen Atlas Air 747's on the UPS pad at Christmas time.

NAX669.png

Steve, I've never seen another cargo carrier on the FEDEX pad at DFW but I have seen Atlas Air 747's on the UPS pad at Christmas time.

Hey Mike, Come to think of it neither have I....All I ever notice at the FedEx pad is that FedEx 757F that always sat at the Northern-most spot for like forever.  Not sure if its still there.  Of course I'm not there almost every day like you.  :wink:

I'll have to make some time to watch the activity at the UPS center from Founder's one of these late evenings when things are hopping in the freight world.  I think a Cargolux 748 comes in here every so often.

I guess FedEx at DFW doesn't need any help.  :smile:

Can't wait for the PMDG 747v2.  Atlas is one of my 1st 777F paints I'm moving to the big 744F!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Amsterdam to Chicago

chic1.jpg

chic2.jpg

Merry Christmas

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys!

Hey Paul, I like the Swiss Livery.  Looks good on the 777.  :smile:

Love the wing flex on the 748 HL.  I need to cross the pond, haven't done an Atlantic crossing in a while!

Let's see more freighter shots guys!  :wink:  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

OK,Cargolux is in :smile: 

30ucsd5.jpg

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice set Steve!  :Applause:

Hope this bird is not toooooo old to lend a hand. :lol:

Hey Ed...the Queen is ALWAYS invited to the party, no matter her age, she sure has earned that!  I love that MK paint of yours.  :im Not Worthy:

OK,Cargolux is in :smile: 

Awesome Patrick!  I was hoping we could get some 'Luxing help with all these packages...first rate Cargo airline.  Were they the launch customer for the 748F?

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg