Sign in to follow this  
spilok

ORBX Southern California out.

It's so busy....I can't download it.  Maybe tomorrow.  A real "MUST HAVE" in my opinion.  Wow.

Stan

NCA is on sale still

I think the typical region price is about 40 AUD

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What orbx airports depends on this so cal region?

KPSP does not require it... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Downloading now....found a opening, and took it.  I really look forward to this scenery.  Have you seen the screenshots?  Awesome.

Stan

NCA is on sale still

I think the typical region price is about 40 AUD

Ok got it, might have to wait for the next sale, have not really been flying SoCal lately and its still pretty good with Global & Vector (plus my old LC).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

What orbx airports depends on this so cal region?

KPSP does not require it...

None yet since they just released it. They never make airports that require a region prior to a region being released.

KPSP is classified as a Global airport, meaning that it doesn't require a region to work properly. Really any of the Global airports don't even need Global to be installed even though it's listed as a requirement. Global is only a requirem5for the edges of the Global airports to blend better where they end.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What gives with the major increase in price over the other regions ? Northern California is about the same size, I assume same level of detail yet half the price ?

Ditto. I can wait until the summer sale.

Ditto. I can wait until the summer same.

There is no price increase. Its the normal price for a new region

This scenery will probably be a nice boost for Pilot Edge traffic.

Donald

That's me!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I did a few flights in the RA Lancair and my fps were in the low 20's around the Los Angeles area without AI traffic. My fps drops into the teens in some areas at dusk.

With LatinVFR's KSAN & KSNA enabled, fps were in the low 20s. Las Vegas was a little better.

So far I'm not happy with the performance but the day textures and AG look very nice.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ugh that's bad for me - I was looking forward to this for pilot edge

Maybe it's marinas and cranes like NorCal causing the drop?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ugh that's bad for me - I was looking forward to this for pilot edge

Maybe it's marinas and cranes like NorCal causing the drop?

I disabled all the features in the config and I still had poor performance in FSX. Maybe this scenery was designed for P3D v3.

I get better fps in Norther Cal.

I enabled FSDT KLAX and fps dropped to the teens. FSDT KLAS was a little better. This region for me is a regretful purchase.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.