Sign in to follow this  
spilok

ORBX Southern California out.

Mmmm.. Maybe i'd have to wait a bit for this. My PC is very modest...

I purchased NCA this summer sale, and did not installed it yet.

Cheers :)

N.-

I think I'll hold off for awhile, love NCA but I get OOM's when flying the Flight 1 King Air even with things turned down, so when I update from P3D v2.4 to v3.1 I'll pick it up! Looks very nice though :smile:

What gives with the major increase in price over the other regions ?

Demand

Demand

There is no price increase. Its the same price for a new release region. 

I disabled all the features in the config and I still had poor performance in FSX. Maybe this scenery was designed for P3D v3.

I get better fps in Norther Cal.

I enabled FSDT KLAX and fps dropped to the teens. FSDT KLAS was a little better. This region for me is a regretful purchase.

I had major concerns that the high concentration of urban autogen mixed with the numerous freeware and payware airports in the area would result in bad fps and/or OOMs. I'd hate to see the entire LA Basin turn into the performance equivalent of FTX PNW's Seattle area, which has become a no-fly zone for me just due to the performance issues. 

Was really looking forward to this scenery since I live in Southern California. After waiting so long for such a comprehensive scenery package, I'll probably end up skipping it now. Bummer. 

Downloading now....found a opening, and took it.  I really look forward to this scenery.  Have you seen the screenshots?  Awesome.

Stan

I've been flying in it...and it is outstanding!   I do suggest though, that you create a default flight from the region, with your favorite airport...and then save that flight. Drop out of the sim...FSX or P3D...and then bring the sim back. That way, you will have a VAS load-in of only that airport and South Cal as the region...and nothing still in the VAS from coming from any other region, scenery, whatever to a location in South Cal.   This scenery is immensly populated with even the kitchen sink!  What they have done for road traffic is phenomenal. I had to drop down to 15 on the slider..and still the roads are snapping alive!  

BTW, I am getting even into the 80/90's in FPS (P3D v2.4)  within this scenery...and that is with the slider flat out, bang right!

My mean FPS average is about 38-55 FPS over most of where I have flown...

Orbx...one heck of a regional scenery....wow....

Ses

I had major concerns that the high concentration of urban autogen mixed with the numerous freeware and payware airports in the area would result in bad fps and/or OOMs. I'd hate to see the entire LA Basin turn into the performance equivalent of FTX PNW's Seattle area, which has become a no-fly zone for me just due to the performance issues. 

Was really looking forward to this scenery since I live in Southern California. After waiting so long for such a comprehensive scenery package, I'll probably end up skipping it now. Bummer. 

The scenery is really nice. It's vintage ORBX, but this scenery will do much better in P3D v3 as it frees up VAS along the route. If you take a look at the preview pics, they were mainly p3d. I probably should have waited for FTX USA LC.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Socal region has Las Vegas area too?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I dropped autogen down to normal. Makes a big difference in fps but there is still lots of trees and buildings

It all depends on your system, and your settings... :smile:

If you can settle on the right balance, there is much to like here!

Bert

My computer has no FPS problems running NCA. I still think Seattle is the hardest on frames (on my system) , especially with REX/Active Sky and A2A aircraft when I run real world weather, which I almost always do. It seems that Seattle has so much weather per se, that it's the hardest region on my computer, but still runs pretty decent. I wonder how that would compare to SCA, anybody have opinions?

I'm thinking SCA would still be harder on frames, but the weather is nicer, more consistent, and less rain and snow, so maybe it would be similar FPS to PNW Seattle?  

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Southern California is amazing and very much like the real thing.

I got my first P3D v3 OOM over Long Beach, but that was after dive bombing almost every airport with my L-39 from Las Vegas west to Santa Barbara and south to SNA to see them close up and personal.

It is a bit hard on the system frame wise, but good grief, there is likely nearly as much concentrated data here than all of the other regions combined.

The photo-real areas around Las Vegas and Edwards AFB are incredible and almost (just kidding) worth the toll all by themselves. I am really, really impressed. Can you tell?

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

My computer has no FPS problems running NCA. I still think Seattle is the hardest on frames (on my system) , especially with REX/Active Sky and A2A aircraft when I run real world weather, which I almost always do. It seems that Seattle has so much weather per se, that it's the hardest region on my computer, but still runs pretty decent. I wonder how that would compare to SCA, anybody have opinions?

I'm thinking SCA would still be harder on frames, but the weather is nicer, more consistent, and less rain and snow, so maybe it would be similar FPS to PNW Seattle?  

From KLAX-KSAN yesterday's weather was as bad as it gets. FPS were as low as FTX Seattle area.

Southern California is amazing and very much like the real thing.

I got my first P3D v3 OOM over Long Beach, but that was after dive bombing almost every airport with my L-39 from Las Vegas west to Santa Barbara and south to SNA to see them close up and personal.

It is a bit hard on the system frame wise, but good grief, there is likely nearly as much concentrated data here than all of the other regions combined.

The photo-real areas around Las Vegas and Edwards AFB are incredible and almost (just kidding) worth the toll all by themselves. I am really, really impressed. Can you tell?

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Hi Stephen! Good to see you here. I can't believe that you got an OOM error with P3D v3. Thank you my friend. You just saved me a future upgrade.  :wub:

Yesterday I flew the L-39 with ASN enabled (bad weather) from FSDT KLAX-Latin VFR's KSNA-Latin VFR's KSAN and the VAS tool showed 3.5 (DX9) and with DX10 VAS was a little lower, but performance with dx10 is unacceptable. That was mainly flying down the coastline with the CP options off.

One can lower the AG to normal and get great fps. But I do not fly with less than very dense AG.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

From KLAX-KSAN yesterday's weather was as bad as it gets. FPS were as low as FTX Seattle area.

Hi Stephen! Good to see you here. I can't believe that you got an OOM error with P3D v3. Thank you my friend. You just saved me a future upgrade.  :wub:

Yesterday I flew the L-39 with ASN enabled (bad weather) from FSDT KLAX-Latin VFR's KSNA-Latin VFR's KSAN and the VAS tool showed 3.5 (DX9) and with DX10 VAS was a little lower, but performance with dx10 is unacceptable. That was mainly flying down the coastline with the CP options off.

One can lower the AG to normal and get great fps. But I do not fly with less than very dense AG.

Wow...then I must be doing something right.  All my sliders for this scenery are at max, in v2.4 and FSX boxed, I am getting around the KLAX area, ---- 22-30 FPS, but I did OOM after only ten minutes on my initial flight. I then figured out why...my default airport load-in was the new KFHR (Friday Harbor), so that was already loaded into the VAS limit before I even moved over to KLAX.  Ten minutes...and wham bam to the desk top.

I then set up a flight out of Santa Monica...saved it as default...shut down v2.4 and then fired it back up.  I flew at 3,500 from Sana Monica, to Baha, with no OOM's...and then came back to KSAN for a landing.  The secret is to have the sim load in with ONLY South Cal as the initial VAS load.  Just a suggestion.

Ses