Sign in to follow this  
spilok

ORBX Southern California out.

Make sure to go into the Orbx sca scenery folders and remove any afcad bgl files if you have addon airports, like klax, klas, ksan, etc. Then see if you get a smaller vas load.

Make sure to go into the Orbx sca scenery folders and remove any afcad bgl files if you have addon airports, like klax, klas, ksan, etc. Then see if you get a smaller vas load.

Also, uncheck both FSX and P3d's default Edwards_Airforce Base!

The South Cal version is more extensive, and detailed.

Also, you might try to uncheck default Las Vegas...as it doesn't blend in very well with the custom LC tiles...(this is optional, though).

Hey boys!

It's great to be having flight chatter with you again. I should clarify that I abused SoCal by flying fast in P3D v3.0 on Windows 10 with Track IR, shooting off here and yon, diving to do a fast-fly by at dozens of airports from Las Vegas west to 100 miles north of Santa Barbara and got all the way to having  "almost" landed at Long Beach when an OMM appeared.

The scenery program worked flawlessly for about 2 hours for a mad max maniac menace to the airways. The L-39 was great in this atmosphere and SoCal is first class! Neither FSX, P3D 1.4-1.8, or vs 2.0-2.5 could have touched the VAS management of Vs 3.0. The Southern California landscape is fabulous, and stable.

However it is loaded for bear, very dense and  a near exact copy of the real deal. Any normal flight with things cranked to the right was just fine.

Merry Christmas

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Also, you might try to uncheck default Las Vegas...as it doesn't blend in very well with the custom LC tiles...(this is optional, though).

You are actually better off leaving default Las Vegas enabled, unless you like downtown covered with parking lots everywhere..

Bert

I did a few flights and things progressively got worse. I deleted SoCal and now I'm back to a smooth 30fps with FSDT KLAX & KLAS. This one along with Vectors go down as the two worst purchases I've ever made from ORBX.

Merry Christmas to all and to all... you know the rest. :wub:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I did a few flights and things progressively got worse. I deleted SoCal and now I'm back to a smooth 30fps with FSDT KLAX & KLAS. This one along with Vectors go down as the two worst purchases I've ever made from ORBX.

Merry Christmas to all and to all... you know the rest. :wub:

Well..something has got to be wrong...I have South Cal...and as per my latest Screenshot Forum series..am getting on average, with P3D v2.4 full out...mid 60's, to some at 150 FPS.  Smooth as all get-out as well.  Keep trying to find out what is happening...for it is a great scenery package...and very diversified.  You might want to try the latest driver...for I am using that.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480469-so-jealous-of-california-residents-nowthey-have-a-whole-state/#entry3345236

Also, I fully got rid of Orbx Vector...and installed both UTX (latest releases) for USA and Canada.  They work like a charm!

Good luck,

Mitch

Well..something has got to be wrong...I have South Cal...and as per my latest Screenshot Forum series..am getting on average, with P3D v2.4 full out...mid 60's, to some at 150 FPS.  Smooth as all get-out as well.  Keep trying to find out what is happening...for it is a great scenery package...and very diversified.  You might want to try the latest driver...for I am using that.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/480469-so-jealous-of-california-residents-nowthey-have-a-whole-state/#entry3345236

Also, I fully got rid of Orbx Vector...and installed both UTX (latest releases) for USA and Canada.  They work like a charm!

Good luck,

Mitch

Thanks Mitch. I will check again when I try P3D v3.1. I just need to verify that the controller issues has been fixed in v 3.1.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If I fly in ORBX's regions only:

1. Do I need Vector and LC? (I guess No)

2. Do I still need some compatible mesh? This is a moot point, as I'm not sure how good is the mesh included with ORBX's regions.

3. Mitch, do I get it right, that UTX2 US and Canada are more detailed than ORBX's Vector? So they may well be heavier on FPS, init?

4. I'm getting SC, so I'm trying to figure out the best composition and settings for my acorns roll back and reinstall. (Win7 FSX-SE on 3700K+Titan should be OK?)

Thanks.

I think I'll hold off for awhile, love NCA but I get OOM's when flying the Flight 1 King Air even with things turned down, so when I update from P3D v2.4 to v3.1 I'll pick it up! Looks very nice though :smile:

I'll throw a bet if you fly the pmdg 777 into fsdreamteam lax with orbx south cali on it will oom too

14ppkc-6.png

If I fly in ORBX's regions only:

1. Do I need Vector and LC? (I guess No)

2. Do I still need some compatible mesh? This is a moot point, as I'm not sure how good is the mesh included with ORBX's regions.

3. Mitch, do I get it right, that UTX2 US and Canada are more detailed than ORBX's Vector? So they may well be heavier on FPS, init?

4. I'm getting SC, so I'm trying to figure out the best composition and settings for my acorns roll back and reinstall. (Win7 FSX-SE on 3700K+Titan should be OK?)

Thanks.

If you are flying within the regions, you do not need vector, LC, or mesh.

It is all included.

Bert

I asked this at orbx forums and waiting for response.Except for possibly performance is it really necessary to switch back to default scenery when not flying in ORBX areas?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Currently running P3Dv3.1 and always use PMDG 737/777 and ASN.  RWY 25R w/ FSDT KLAX is 20 FPS on my older system.  With SoCal and FSDT KLAX deactivated, it drops to under 15 FPS.  Nice package, but definitely hard on FPS with this initial release.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

First impression is it's much slower than just using Global and Vector.     It's also much slower than flight in NCA on my medium speed machine at low traffic, and VD or dense autogen.   If anyone figures out the best settings let me know, and I will hopefully be able to report back some improvement.. FYI, before installation,  I was flying a Carenado Phenom 300 with Bert's GTN installed over the LA metro area at about 20-25 FPS,  but with this new SCA it's  closer to 10-12, with some freezing.  I reduced Autogen to normal, and I can get about 13-15 with clear skies and minimal traffic.  Truthfully,  the scenery is very nice,  but not so much better than Global to justify the fairly dramatic performance loss.   Some areas of importance are not faithfully placed.  For example,  the UCSB campus just to the south of KSBA doesn't exist,  and the water in the large campus slough isn't water.   I'm sure ORBX will work on this one to make it work better. 

I purchased Southern California a couple of days ago because I liked Orbx's freeware airports and I live I Socal. The photo scenery underlying the urban areas is a little blocky and irregular and not quite real if you know an area, but not too bad at altitude. If it weren't for the lack of autogen I would use Megascenery as it looks better, fills the area underlying the airports, is real world imagery and the road traffic seems unchanged. Because the stock FSX version of my home airport, KSEE, is so off I spent quite a bit of time redoing it in ADE and though it's not perfect it's better. The same can be said of Orbx version which is better but still has some glaring flaws (KSEE has no tall light poles for night lighting for instants) and really could use a proper Orbx redo to make it right.