Sign in to follow this  
Portia911

Milviz sale @ flightsimstore

Hi Owl,

I think your shot was from the inside out - which is fine - the glass when looking from the outside in just seems a bit too translucent on the B55 - on my machine it looks like the glass is missing unless you look really close... I'm traveling this week - so I can't mess with it but I'm hoping the glass is just a texture with an alpha where I could make the translucency just a bit more solid and possibly change the tint to blue... I haven't looked though so I'm not sure how it's setup...

Thanks for all your help and recommendations - they really are two superb planes - LOL - I'm just a constant tweaker looking for my own perfection...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

just use the texture of interest.  glass.dds or others.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hi Folks,

Looks like exactly what the doctor ordered... Thanks so much... Glad I'm not the only one who saw that as an issue... As far as the autopilot goes - I don't think anyone would leave an old nonworking Century in a plane when installing a new autopilot - it's just dead weight reducing your useful load... I'll check out the file over the weekend... Personally - I would have preferred the operational Century as opposed to the newer one (the JF Duchess had a good Century autopilot)... Again - much appreciated...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Looks like exactly what the doctor ordered... Thanks so much... Glad I'm not the only one who saw that as an issue... As far as the autopilot goes - I don't think anyone would leave an old nonworking Century in a plane when installing a new autopilot - it's just dead weight reducing your useful load... I'll check out the file over the weekend... Personally - I would have preferred the operational Century as opposed to the newer one (the JF Duchess had a good Century autopilot)... Again - much appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

Scott, the plane is based on an actual B55, and the owner apparently did exactly that.  It's not at all uncommon in older aircraft maintained and upgraded on a limited budget, and I rather like the Franken-plane feel of it so don't really want to remove it, virtually speaking.  That doesn't mean I don't understand why others feel differently, BTW, I just wanted to be sure the replacement was optional.

BTW^2, I also kinda wish the Century was the working AP, just for grins'n'giggles.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Understand - sounds good... Yeah - I like the older stuff too...

The autopilot in my plane is over 25 lbs - if it ever stopped working it would be removed - I've got less than an 800 lbs useful - with 360 lbs of fuel on board that 25 lbs sure would come in handy on trips... Granted - the Baron probably has capacity to spare...

Regards,
Scott