Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Could be Real, but it's "just" IL-2 BoS...

with the new Mig-3 from BoM released today...

There is NOTHING, simply NO THING close to this level of quality and detail, and immersion in any other sim, although in other aspects I can prefer DCS World ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have a habit of watching Air shows on youtube and this felt the same

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Very true Zulfi,

Virtual Air Shows are indeed extremely realistic both in DCS World and in IL-2 BOS.

Another aspects I would like to emphasize is how both this simulators represent the light, including that Sun Light that you are liking so much in DCS... It's certainly not inferior in BoS / BoM...

I can't play any other sim since I started using DCS and BoS... The realism of the flight dynamics ( at last I have found what I was long seeking desperately ... ). Truth being said, Condorsoaring is, for the gliders, still another great sim, but gliders that's what I do IRL, not these powerful ww2 fighters, or the astoundingly modeled helicopters of DCS World ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I do not have il2 but this is the best video of a flight sim which is so close to real, it's not just graphics but the flight of that aircraft 

It's AMAZING Zulfi.... 

I confess I wasn't, at all, a fan of combat flight simulation, but first by the hand of DCS World's P51d which I bought in 2012, and then when a friend offered me the standard edition of Battle of Stalingrad, I slowly became a total addict for these two simulators.

They're both simply AMAZING! The flight dynamics, even the weather modeling ( winds and turbulence, as well as cloud rendering ) in IL-2 BoS / BoM are top, and really way above the experience I've had with any of my previous civil flightsims.

But it's the flight dynamics, with all of the modeled details, that attracts me the most.

After having used these sims, it became totally impossible for me to get any joy from either FSX / P3D / X-Plane 10... Yesterday I installed XP10, with only a few tiles for Portugal, and went testing the "torque fix".... What can I say :-/....   There is simply no add-on, for either civil sim, that comes even close to the level of detail we get on both IL-2 BoS/BoM and DCS... The sensation of being there, flying for real, is simply incomparable.

For those with older / slower systems, IL-2 BoS being still 32 bit and DX9.0c ( which shows those who say DX11 is absolutely required for modern simulation they are totally wrong... ), is a better choice. It runs smooth and silk on my rig at top settings, with furballs of 30+ players ... Regarding visibility issues, specially when flying in EXPERT servers where aircraft and ground vehicle / object icons are not allowed, IL-2 BoS / BoM does a much better job than DCS World. EDGE is still in Alpha, and 1.5.2 is going through beta, but they haven't yet found the right solution for the visibility issues. In BoS it's all a lot more natural and realistic, as well as the overall view perspective.

There's a promotional Sale going on until January 4, both at the IL-2 Site Store and at Steam, for Battle of Stalingrad, standard and premium editions. Half price!

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/20147-50-sale-until-january-4th/#entry316922

Main Simulation Rig:

I am poor right now to purchase anything :) .  Maybe next year 

You should also check "War Thunder" I am not sure how the dynamics are.

You should also check "War Thunder" I am not sure how the dynamics are.

That's pure Arcade....

Main Simulation Rig:

Alright didn't know that.

Hi Jose, I'm a combat vet of lL2 also. BOS has fantastic graphics as you mentioned and a great story line of the actual battle. The dog fighting is very intense and is so real. Keep an eye on your six!! 

Regards

Lamar Wright

Beautiful video - moving grass - bright daylight without that EMB glow - simply superb !!!

Is that IL2 out of the box or massive number of addons to get a world environment like that ???

Yeah - been spending some time in the DCS F-86 and just watching how the light plays over the cockpit is truly amazing as well... The FDE just feels real...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

IL-2 BoM includes the Mig-3 in the cheaper Standard Edition ( P40-E and C.202 are the extra aircraft of the Premium Edition)

There are presently two scenery areas - Stalingrad and Moscow still under development but with users who pre-purchased allowed to get it's aircraft at a pace of 1 per month, more or less....

There's a promotional Sale going on until January 4, so the prices you'll see in the link bellow will be down by 50%...

All about BoS and BoM here:

BoS:  http://il2sturmovik.com/about/#3

BoM: http://il2sturmovik.com/battle-of-moscow/

Features for the various aircraft types included in both BoS and BoM are not fully available from start. You have to go through the Campaign mode to unlock additional weapons, and other features, BUT! buying the Premium editions of each tittle gives you access to a "miraculous" button in your account lounge allowing you to "Unlock" those features if you so wish...

Fw 190 A-3 aerobatics here,  and Bf109 E-7 here...

Although concentrating mainly on aircraft, it now also includes Tanks, and most users are enjoying it, particularly at Online Servers...

Main Simulation Rig:

More teaser :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

More teaser :-)

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at the lyrics of the song  :LMAO: