Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

FS Passengers for P3D released

Just got it for FSX. Adds a lot of fun to the sim. More detailed than I expected too.

Try out the demo, but I think its worth the price.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck

Does this work well with add on aircraft that have external flight models?  I use AirHauler a lot, but it doesn't work at all with the Q400, and I have a lot of issues with the PMDG 737 NGX, so this might be a good alternative until AH2 releases...

Graham

This thread might be relevant: http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=53197&t=53188 and this: http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=31791&t=31791

It's not elegant, but it is a workaround. Most passenger addons seemed to have problem with complex addon aircrafts that manage their own fuel and payload, like PMDG/A2A/Majestic/Aerosoft stuff.

You also might want to eliminate all possible stutters on Q400. Maybe play around with that sync FDE to sim setting and see which works best for you.

EDIT: Forum software breaking links

I'm not going to comment on 'other' passenger addons, but on FSP, caveat emptor, Dan abandoned FSPX for a couple of years, no updates and no (or very limited) support.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Thanks for that

This thread might be relevant: http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=53197&t=53188 and this: http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=31791&t=31791

It's not elegant, but it is a workaround. Most passenger addons seemed to have problem with complex addon aircrafts that manage their own fuel and payload, like PMDG/A2A/Majestic/Aerosoft stuff.

You also might want to eliminate all possible stutters on Q400. Maybe play around with that sync FDE to sim setting and see which works best for you.

EDIT: Forum software breaking links

thanks for that, I spend most of my time in the PMDG 737 so I think I'll grab the demo and see how I get on....

Actually bought FsPX out of respect for their earlier work on DGIII/IV for Orbiter...And it did work well before I got into complex addon aircrafts. All the workarounds and triple-replicating load figures between PFPX, PMDG/Majestic/Aerosoft CDU's and FsPX got tiring after a while.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know of any other "career" type addons that work (or at least can be made to work) with P3D V3?

AH doesn't support P3D but can be made to work.  Looks like FSP is OK, even with the PMDG as long as you use the workarounds.  Hopefully, AH2 when it comes out will be good.  Not tried FSEconomy with the PMDG aircraft yet.

I just find that flying from A to B without any background reason feels somehow... dissatisfying? so I currently use AH.  Might try FSP until AH2 comes out.

Graham

@VFRHawk

FsCaptain Works well with AH. google for details of making them work together.

Helps improve the AH experience.

But youll need to get a bit more familiar with load maps in fscaptain and p3d.

I'm not going to comment on 'other' passenger addons, but on FSP, caveat emptor, Dan abandoned FSPX for a couple of years, no updates and no (or very limited) support.Oh really

Oh really? Why is it then there is a FSP for FSX:SE and a couple of updates within the last months?

Oh really? Why is it then there is a FSP for FSX:SE and a couple of updates within the last months?

I'm going to assume that you haven't been following this add on for any significant length of time.  I purchased it for FS9, and later purchased it for FSX.  During this period it was very well supported and had a friendly community, although one chap called (if memory serves) Brad turned out to be less than honest.

After the release of FSP for FSX Dan (the developer) started taking less and less interest in FSP, before finally disappearing altogether, people were trying to reach him on the Orbiter forums were he was more active, this was the case for perhaps 2 years.

He came back possible around September this year with a raft of new developments, related to FSX:SE.

To be honest i long since dropped FSP, during the period above, i have no interest in supporting him again.  I am not trying to persuade you of anything, i was simply suggesting that people consider the above before investing in the add on. 

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Hmm, might grab the demo of FSCaptain too then - that seems to do cargo and passenger flights which is a plus over FSPassengers...

You may assume a lot, but it couldn't be further from the truth, Wotan.