Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Failures from FSPASSENGERS P3d

Hi!

Just a thought that occured to me, I read through the specifications of FSPassengers for Prepar3d. And the failure function that exists in that program.

Is anyone using that combined with the NGX and if so can Fspassengers trigger realistic failures for the NGX? so that they can be handled correctly or does it interfear with the NGX logic?

Niklas Eriksson

Is anyone using that combined with the NGX and if so can Fspassengers trigger realistic failures for the NGX? so that they can be handled correctly or does it interfear with the NGX logic?

I'm not sure, but I highly doubt it. I know the program has interfered with the aircraft in negative ways before, but I forget how, specifically.

Kyle Rodgers

I wouldn't run any FSP failures alongside a PMDG or any other advanced aircraft. I hope FSP allows failures to be completely disabled (haven't read-up on it, yet), which would be a major improvement. In the past, FSP was notorious for causing a 'blown-tire' event on the NGX even with very smooth landings, and there was absolutely no way to disable it; search for the issue on their forums, it went on for many months. It was the number one reason I stopped using the FSP add-on. What's worse, the developer (Dan) absolutely refused to address or even acknowledge any issues. Now he shows backup trying to pump out a version just before Christmas. I almost always give FS developers the benefit of the doubt, but I will be very cautious with this program before it sees one more penny from me.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

There is a similar program but with a different focus.

Take a look at www.fscaptain.net .   Their demo is worth a look.  And their customer support is superb.  Just be patience this time of the year, but they usually respond the same day.  

FSCaptain focuses on pilot performance and pax satistaction.  In FSCaptain you 'work' for a company.  So you must be careful with pilot performance, pax satisfaction.. PLUS...  comply with schedules, report position to dispatch, change destination if weather conditions are not the company minimums, read dispatch clearances, be careful with possible failures, and many other things.  Check the features on the webpage.  Also, FSCaptain has different airplane profiles and configurations, so,  if the plane doesn't work properly with FSCaptain, developers will create a configuration so your plane can be fully compatible with the program.  If I'm not wrong, even the Majestic Dh8 400 is fully working with FSC.  I bet that the PMDG plane you fly is already on the data base, so no configuration may be needed.

I used to be a FSPassenger member, but given their bad customer support, I decided to change... And I'm glad i did.  IMHO, FSCaptain is better that FSPax.  It's more complete, and their customer support is awesome.

My 2 cents.

Take a look at www.fscaptain.net .   Their demo is worth a look.  And their customer support is superb.  Just be patience this time of the year, but they usually respond the same day.  

I used to be a FSPassenger member, but given their bad customer support, I decided to change... And I'm glad i did.  IMHO, FSCaptain is better that FSPax.  It's more complete, and their customer support is awesome.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Nick, that does sound interesting indeed.  :hi:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Sounds really cool, will definately check thjis out! thanks

FSCaptain focuses on pilot performance and pax satistaction.  In FSCaptain you 'work' for a company.  So you must be careful with pilot performance, pax satisfaction.. PLUS...  comply with schedules, report position to dispatch, change destination if weather conditions are not the company minimums, read dispatch clearances, be careful with possible failures, and many other things.  Check the features on the webpage.  Also, FSCaptain has different airplane profiles and configurations, so,  if the plane doesn't work properly with FSCaptain, developers will create a configuration so your plane can be fully compatible with the program.  If I'm not wrong, even the Majestic Dh8 400 is fully working with FSC.  I bet that the PMDG plane you fly is already on the data base, so no configuration may be needed.

My 2 cents.

Niklas Eriksson