Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

SLI and P3D

I just installed a new EVGA 970 GTX and have seen a nice improvement with FSX and Steam.

Question is P3d SLI compatible? If so, would adding a 2nd 970 card and installing P3D make P3D better than FSE on my system.

Thanks

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Yes it is SLI compatible. Since I think P3D out of the box is better than FSX:SE it can only get better with SLI. Whether YOU think it's better is up to you.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I run two EVGA 970 GTX SSC in SLI and it runs good in P3Dv2.5 & v3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I run two EVGA 970 GTX SSC in SLI and it runs good in P3Dv2.5 & v3

Same here with the above hardware  - Better Graphics is possible and AA maintaining FPS . But FPS is not increased. (v3.0)

You should know that it is not possible to undock panels and for instance move them to a second or third monitor in SLI

Otherwise its really nice. using it all the time in the Dash8 and all my GA flights

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just a small heads up regarding SLI.

I desided to take an image of my current setup and then installed the 3.1 Client and content update and so far i am really happy with the results.

For some reason , it seems better in SLI than with 3.0.

I am still running 1920x1200 and now that we have dynamic reflections its possible to see 80-90% on both of my GTX970´s and still have smooth flight experience. (KRDD Redding maxed out with FTX NCA , 8X AA etc, terrain shadows, ULTRA water) (Real Air Duke Turbine v2 -25-35fps)

Need to test this further . I am not sure this settings is saved with your personal saved graphic settings btw.

I find it hard to see these reflection at night in the NGX for instance so no need to push the system at those late hours.

There is only one place i have long frames and thats in ENGM by Aerosoft but its not even official released for V3 so hard to blame anybody.

SLI is a keeper for single monitor flights for sure (still running driver 359.04 might need to upgrade soon again to latest version)

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I jump on this topic, avoiding creating a new one.

I have two nVidia GTX770 in SLI with Prepar3D 3.1. During most of my test, it appeared that when SLI is activated I suffer from unstable framerate if framerate limitation is not set. If set to 25 fps (or 30 fps) I suffered from some stuterring. I never see one of the two GPU going higher that 50% load (check with EVGA PrecisionX tool).

To activate SLI, I just go to the nVidia control panel and set to "Maximise 3D Performance". Is there something else to do in P3D v3.1 I'm not aware of ? Something in the profil of Prepar3D.exe (nvidia recommanded, mode #1 or mode #2) ?

PS : nVidia driver version 361.44

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio