Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

737 Immersion question-How do I know it actually installed?

I bought the 737 immersion package tonight. It downloaded something called VFX central. I started that it it said that it installed 737 Immersion, but I see no evidence in any of the folders associated with Old Prop or in P3D v3. How am I to know if this was actually installed or not on my system. I have  the A320 Immersion, but there is a folder for that in my program files. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I bought the 737 immersion package tonight. It downloaded something called VFX central. I started that it it said that it installed 737 Immersion, but I see no evidence in any of the folders associated with Old Prop or in P3D v3. How am I to know if this was actually installed or not on my system. I have  the A320 Immersion, but there is a folder for that in my program files. 

There is no folder structure with central - just injects the magic probably from a server - and if you want to make sure its working plant the 737 in some fog and turn on the lights you will know its working also try at night with some rain you will see the rain falling in front of the lights - stunning effect 

But there is a few files here

C:\Program Files (x86)\OldProp Solutions Inc\VFXCentral

Rich Sennett

In your P3D folder in Effects you'll see a number of files called fsfx_737_somelongstring.fx - these are the effect files for 737 immersion.

In your aircraft.cfg in the PMDG 737NGX you'll notice a lot of new entires under [sMOKE] as well.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Yes its changing the cfg files and adding bmp's into your effects texture folder from a server nothing is stored on your hard drive other than the exe and those new textures to do the deed which is pretty neat actually 

Rich Sennett

Thanks and yes I see the files in effects folder. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS