Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Best Monitor for Flight Simming

Hi Guys,

Planning to buy a monitor for my flight sim needs with a surround setup and was wondering which is the best suited for this? Following are the categories:

1) Curved Screen
2) Curved Wide screen
3) Wide screen
4) 4K UHD

Would appreciate your feedback and honest opinions.

Thank you
Regards

:smile:

None of the above...

I see a lot of discussions about monitors and very few - if any - about projectors. I have been using one for the past eight years and never thought going back to a monitor. Here is why:

• You can throw an image as big as the real cockpit size on your screen at a short distance, hence the feeling of "being there" with Track IR5, no more downsizing of your cockpit
  • The HD screen resolution with the best Nvidia driver settings won't show any "pixelisation" as it is sometimes said, my screen is absolutely sharp and clear (and I dont need a dark room)
  • I consulted two eye surgeons (I had two eye operations in the past) and both said that an image projected is far less agressive than LED monitors or TV for the eyes especially when you concentrate on it for long hours (should you wish to know more, you might do some research with Google to read medical reports on what LED lamps and screens do to your eye retina)

From the above you get the best of both worlds: an excellent image with the real world size and you care for your eyes. My present projector is an Epson EH-TW 3200. I sit 1.10 m away from the screen, and its dimensions are 1.50 x 0.80 m.

Good luck with your choice.