Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

X Plane DVD's Arrived Today

Well my X plane package arrived today, nearly two weeks ahead of schedule! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lamar Wright and have been flying sims for a long time ( FS9, FSX, and P3DV2.5.  This is my first venture with X plane 10. Looking forward to learn all I can and I am sure I'll need lots of help from the this community. I know there is no perfect flight sim however, each sim has their  +'s  and  --'s.  I have P3D on my hard drive now and soon will have X plane on a dedicated 250 GB SSD. My copy of X plane is global 64 bit. Will start loading x plane soon.  Just wondering since I just fly mainly Canada and USA should I just load those sections only or the whole world? Soon as I have x plane on my drive the first order of business is to update the sim with the latest update. I'm going to have fun!

• Upvote 2

Regards

Lamar Wright

Lamar...give yourself the greatest XPlane gift of all....the understanding that this is not FSX or P3D.  Have 'open' expectations...let your expectations 'grow' as your familiarity with this new sim base also grows....

...then, you will not have any pre-conceived notions or expectations...and will be delighted as you build into your new sim...not only user-knowledge, but all the fabulous free-ware, donation-ware, pay-ware, tips-to-use, camaraderie...that comes with this investment.

As for your question....you will probably expand out beyond North America...so, if you have the storage room..I'd suggest you get it all over with...and install the whole world...

Cheers!

Good things come to those that build their investment into a pursuit! :)

Mitch

Just wondering since I just fly mainly Canada and USA should I just load those sections only or the whole world? 

Yes; you can install only Canada & The USA regions only or install the entire globe; or add global regions as needed. Welcome and enjoy the XP ride.

...and let us know if you need any advice!

Merry Christmas, Jan

Welcome =) I know you will be happy with a copy of x-plane. Merry Christmas

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well

Lamar...give yourself the greatest XPlane gift of all....the understanding that this is not FSX or P3D.  Have 'open' expectations...let your expectations 'grow' as your familiarity with this new sim base also grows....

...then, you will not have any pre-conceived notions or expectations...and will be delighted as you build into your new sim...not only user-knowledge, but all the fabulous free-ware, donation-ware, pay-ware, tips-to-use, camaraderie...that comes with this investment.

As for your question....you will probably expand out beyond North America...so, if you have the storage room..I'd suggest you get it all over with...and install the whole world...

Cheers!

Good things come to those that build their investment into a pursuit! :)

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, great advice

Yes; you can install only Canada & The USA regions only or install the entire globe; or add global regions as needed. Welcome and enjoy the XP ride.

Thanks Alan very much

...and let us know if you need any advice!

Merry Christmas, Jan

Thanks Jan and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Lamar

Welcome to X-Plane :-). One important thing, and as Mitch has said, you must have patience with the sim. In the beginning it can seem daunting and maybe even ugly but you have to give it time to learn and realise that you can easily change the appearance of the sim. When I first got XP10, I was deep into FSX/ORBX and I didn't spend the time knowing the sim and was limited to 10-15 minutes flights. Once I really discovered what it could do, I rarely go back to FSX now.

Oh and of course, we're all here to help.

Hi Lamar

Welcome to X-Plane :-). One important thing, and as Mitch has said, you must have patience with the sim. In the beginning it can seem daunting and maybe even ugly but you have to give it time to learn and realise that you can easily change the appearance of the sim. When I first got XP10, I was deep into FSX/ORBX and I didn't spend the time knowing the sim and was limited to 10-15 minutes flights. Once I really discovered what it could do, I rarely go back to FSX now.

Plus 1

Welcome Lamar,and a Very Merry Christmas to you. Enjoy the Sim and The Learning Experience it will provide,You will find The XPlane Community very Mature,Friendly and Helpful.

**If you are in the market for a nice Canadian payware,GA Airport may I suggest CZST Stewart from beti-x

http://www.beti-x.com/sceneries.html

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Hi Lamar

Hey, thanks Tonywob, great advice. I will be patient, go nice and slow and most of all learn the platform. Reason I chose to buy X plane is 64 bit and the developer is very active with this sim and the wonderful talented people who come out with such great addons. They deserve all donations they get and I will support them. Weather engine, ATC all that will come in due time. Skymax Pro is a great program for clouds and fantastic freeware clouds are available. Thanks again Tonywob.  

Plus 1

I agree too Mitch

Welcome to Fight Club,, uhhh I mean Flight Club  :D

Thanks daelight

Welcome Lamar,and a Very Merry Christmas to you. Enjoy the Sim and The Learning Experience it will provide,You will find The XPlane Community very Mature,Friendly and Helpful.

**If you are in the market for a nice Canadian payware,GA Airport may I suggest CZST Stewart from beti-x

http://www.beti-x.com/sceneries.html

Thanks Patrick, and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you and your family as well. This looks fantastic, thanks for this and I will sure check CZST out, I love to fly in Canada. Looking forward to the journey. Such a great community, I'm sure I'll have questions along the way. Thanks again.  

Regards

Lamar Wright

CZST is a real beauty, it's such a pity that we've heard nothing from BetiX since it was released. I was hoping they were going to release more