Sign in to follow this  
mbigosz

TileProxy and widows 10? is it possible?

I managed to get tileproxy running in Windows 10 using the hold shift restart technique. However even though eggs are filling up and it looks like it's running the scenery is still default. Anyone have a solution? I'm also using fsx-se. So close to getting this working I hate to quit now.

SOLVED IT for Windows10-64bits!

This is what I did (the sequence is important):

See for details the forum postings above.

1. Set my UAC to the lowest possible position.
  2. Disabled the LUA in my registry.
  3. Rebooted my system at this point.
  4. Again rebooted my system while holding the Shift key, and disabled the Driver Signature Enforcement.
  5. Opened the command (DOS) window as Admin. and changed the setting into Test Mode en also disabled the Integrity Checks.
  6. Rebooted again my system at this point.
  7. Only just now I installed TileProxy ( prevents driver signature issues).
  8. Then, in Windows Defender I added exeptions for the TileProxy, the TP Photoreal World and the TP cache maps.
  9. In the Firewall I added Proxyserver.exe and ServiceCacheBrowser.exe.
  10. After that I made a systemboot + holding F8, and disabled the Driver Signature Enforcement again.
  11. Started Tileproxy and 'voila', TileProxy works!
  12. Again in the command window I set the Test Mode to off, again rebooted + holding F8, thus ending the Test Mode, and again TileProxy works!

So, you need the Test Mode only before you install TP. After the install you can set Test Mode off again.

Only thing is, every time you want to fly TileProxy, you have to do a Boot + F8 and disable that hated Driver Signature Enforcement.

Anyway, I can live with that and am a happy senior now... :smile:

Ryzen5-2400G/RTX2080/RAM16Gb

Hi,

4) Before installation

WARNING :

With Vista and W7, W8, W10. It is necessary to disable UAC (User Account Control) as follows: "Control Panel"> "Account"> "Disable User Account Control"

I use two small .bat programs to disable or enable the UAC. Once the UAC is disable, you can restart your computer as you want the UAC stay disable.

With 64-bit Vista, W7, W8, W10 64bit. 

You have to disable the Signature Verification Drivers: F8 at boot. to enter the boot menu and then select the option "disable signature check" then started. To avoid doing this each time want to use lab you can find on the Net a few small programs that automate this. 

Note: Different procedure for W8 and W10, easy to find !!!

Concerning W10 and how to disable the Signature Verification Driver I use this procedure :

http://www.howtogeek...signed-drivers/

The problem is : If you shut down and restart your PC, remember that at each time  you will have to disable again the driver verification signature otherwise TP will not work

Rgds, Pat

Patrice Garret
Tileproxy  Guide & Support - English & Français : http://tileproxy.eklablog.com

This installation guide has worked successfully for quite a number of people. It has to be followed exactly so take time as it does work. I am currently running TP on Windows 10 with FSX-SE and on another computer eunning Windows 7 (both 64 bit).

I hope this helps as TP is great in many areas of the world.

http://www.rele.me.uk/flight-simulation/tileproxy/tileproxy-installation

When you do get it working then it is well worth installing the R086 update.

http://www.rele.me.uk/flight-simulation/tileproxy/tileproxy-update-r086

Regards,

Robert.

This installation guide has worked successfully for quite a number of people. It has to be followed exactly so take time as it does work. I am currently running TP on Windows 10 with FSX-SE and on another computer eunning Windows 7 (both 64 bit).

I hope this helps as TP is great in many areas of the world.

http://www.rele.me.uk/flight-simulation/tileproxy/tileproxy-installation

When you do get it working then it is well worth installing the R086 update.

http://www.rele.me.uk/flight-simulation/tileproxy/tileproxy-update-r086

Regards,

Robert.

Thanks for the update link.. given this update.. curious what are most people going with as far as TP resolution goes these days? 30cm, 1.1 etc?  

Its possible it may work disabling driver verification through a command prompt by:

bcdedit /set testsigning on
and 
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
And now restart and it should be disabled.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Getting tileproxy to work on new windows's is really tricky,but by following these steps, everything should be fine.

1. We first need to create 4 batch files to automate the process. This will make things easier even for people who have already figured out how to make tileproxy work:

*Open notepad and copy/paste in it this command:

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f".

Click "save as" and name the file "Disable UAC.bat"

* Reopen notepad and copy/paste this command:

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f".

Click "save as and name the file "Enable UAC.bat"

* Reopen notpad again and copy paste this command: 

"bcdedit /set testsigning on

pause". 

The enter between "on" and "pause is important". save this file as "Test Mode ON.bat"

* notepad one last time. paste:

"bcdedit /set testsigning off

pause".

save this file as "Test Mode OFF.bat"

2. All these files must always be opened as admin to work (left click and select "run as administrator"). Executing "Disable UAC.bat" and  "Test Mode ON.bat" as admin and restarting is enough to disable UAC and Enable test mode, making tileproxy work (if properly configured). Do it now. To re-enable UAC (it is necessary to run windows 10 apps for example - but they can be substituted with other software), opening "Enable UAC.bat" as admin and restarting is enough.

3. install tileproxy using "Tileproxy_Beta8_Nov16_2". don't forget what folder you chose for "tileproxy photoreal world" in the install options page. You'll need it later to modify your proxyuser.ini file (I use D:\Tileproxy). Also be careful to separate folders with "\" and not "/" while choosing the destination, otherwise a persistant error will appear. you can update your tileproxy installation by using files in "TileProxy_R086_update-1". Copy and paste files in this rar to fsx/tileproxy and overwrite existing files.

4. go to your microsoft FSX folder/TileProxy. overwrite "ProxyUser.ini" file if you have ready-to-use configuration, but you have to open it anyways to correct the distination with the one noted above (D:\Tileproxy in my example). 

5. All done! you can launch proxyuser batch file from fsx/tileproxy folder(make a desktop shortcut for easier access). If it tells "ready for takeoff", then it worked. 

Simconnect needs to be installed in order for tileproxy to work (It serves as a communication software between FSX and its addons).

If it displays an error, follow these steps: 

A .windows + R". Type "gpedit.msc" and OK. Group Policy Editor windows will open, navigate from left category folders to "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Application Compatibility" and enable (by double clicking and clicking 'Enable' instead of "not configured")the "Turn off Program Compatibility Assistant" and "Turn off Program Compatibility Engine".

B . Still in Group Policy Editor, go to "User configuration\Administrative Templates\system\Driver Installation". Double click "Code signing for device drivers". Click "Enabled" and "ignore" in the options menu, then "ok".

C. "Windows + R", type "regedit" and then enter. go to "HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System".Modify the value of "FilterAdministratorToken" to "0". If it doesn't exist, create it in the form of "DWORD". 

D. From the start menu, click "restart" while holding "shift". choose troubleshoot\advanced options\startup settings\restart. Press "F7" when prompted. If you were unable to get to test mode by following step "2", this can substitute it but you have to redo it everytime you want to want to start tileproxy.

E. Download and run "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" (AS ADMIN - important!!). Select "Sign a System File" and click "Next". On the search box type this path: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys". Restart your computer. Not sure if this step is necessary, but better safe than sorry =)

You can also use this tool to take off the "test mod" watermark from your desktop (it didn't work for me though).

Everything should work now =D (unless your proxyuser.ini" file is not properly configured).

Notes: 

* Tileproxy only works in testmode and with UAC disabled.

* In the FSX Scenery Library Settings all the WORLD_XXX entries must be at the top and the WORLD_LOD8 must be just below them; so the tiles appear in FSX.

* proxyuser must be opened before launching FSX.

* From time to time, check the internet for new vitual earth versions to update your maps. you can find your map version in your proxyuser.ini file. just update that file with the new script.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:
* In the previous post, the "driver signature enforcement overrider" step was necessary to skip rebooting with the advanced options and pressing F7 every time.
* This however doesn't work for me anymore on new windows 10 updates (Redstone 4 - 17025 and 17035...). This might change with future updates as these versions are not final. In this case, the only solution to make it easier (if you use tileproxy that frequently) is to make windows 10 automatically display the advanced options whenever you start your pc. To do so, you can download and install "winaero tweaker". You'll find "always show advanced boot options" in  "Boot and Logon/Boot options". Simply check it and restart, and uncheck it whenever you don't need it anymore =)

Just  so frustrating that such a good program is going to waste because of MS and its  updates etc.  I have tried so many ways to get TP to work in Win 10/64 after years of using it in Win 7. All to no avail.  So I rebuilt a new machine to take Win10 and the New FS2020 -   My personal comments on  the new FS are really unprintable.. (Just my opinion)  I did try hard - with 3 tries at it all were really horrorable - So - Lets try installing Win 7 into this nice high end machine, then I will be able to run all the addons including TP and MCE - NOPE - MS will not allow old version of Windows ie 7 to install - No mouse or keyboard support  - So looks like a revamp of the old machine, and that really is a shame 

Has anyone found a way for  TP to work in Win 10? 

I have the UAC in trial mode and TP installs fine  - Just error code of

ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002

Wont hold my breath :-( If mail is better for any thoughts  then 'bumble169@gmail.com' is fine  - Stay safe - Pete

Why o Why  hasn't the wonderful TP program become a commercial product if we cant enjoy it in Win 10 - I dislike Win10 and MSFS2020 even more  - My old FSX and its additions are great for flying and were so so much better with the addition of TP - If anyone has really managed to get it to work in Win 10 Please let me know  - I have tried changing UAC  applied various 'Digital signed disablement'  - Reinstalled both FSX and TP so many times all to no avail - Sooooooo  really would be happy to try any suggestions  - My thanks - Stay safe all - Pete