Sign in to follow this  
mbigosz

TileProxy and widows 10? is it possible?

Hello all,

Recently I made the decision to upgrade to windows 10, why I don't know. I had tile proxy working in windows 7 just fine.

I tried to install it in windows 10 and followed this thread even though I don't have the Steam Edition of FSX

But it did not work. much to my dismay. any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know someones gonna say "go back to windows 7" 

• 1) Create a cache folder (better on another HDD or SSD) (me : D:\TileProxy\)
  • 2) Install TP : Destination folder by default (shoul be the "steam\common\ ...")
  • 3) When asking for "cache" an "photoreal" : type your folder in 1) (D:\TileProxy\)
  • 4) Set the others options as you like
  • 5) Windows 10 will show an error for the unsigned driver
  • 6)  Run "Digital Signature Enforcement Overrider" (dseo13b.exe)
  • 7) Select "Sign a system file" an next
  • 8) Search for "tileproxy.sys" or paste "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys"
  • 9) Reboot and do again 2) 3) 4) : no more signature error
  • 10) Disable superfetch services (Windows key and R : "services.msc")

Now there is a problem with Windows UAC  : Usually to disable UAC you have to slide down the security in user account interface but there is another UAC hidden in Windows 10. For TP to work you have to edit the registry and disable LUA (0).

By doing this a lot of Windows 10 features as mail, market, internet explorer (edge) will not work anymore. You have to set back LUA to default (1) for using these features. So you have to switch between LUA Off and LUA On depends of what you would like to do.

I create a .REG registry key for do it faster (view link at the bottom)

• 11) To do this "manually" you have to lauch Regedit (Windows key and R : regedit) and go to this tree : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]right click on "EnableLUA" and set the value to 0 (set it to 1 if you want to enable it back)
  • 12) In the "ProxyUser.ini" you have have to search for "cache_folder" and set your folder created in 1) (i have one set : view link at the bottom)
  • 13) Now the great surprise is that your FSX SE does not work anymore (FSX has stopped working) , it is because of the SimConnect.MSI provided by TP is an old version. In Steam, right click on FSX / Properties and browse in tabs to find a "Verify Files Integrity" (Or something like this, mine is in french)
  • OR
  • You can install it manually by lauching SimConnect.MSI from this folder : H:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK.

I got tile proxy to work via the reg edit method above in Windows 10. Granted I'm using p3d but this should work with the steam edition too. I would re-run dseo driver signing after you disable uac via the registry and ensure tileproxy.sys is correctly setup.

Sgilmore467, did you something special with your Win 10?

My TP install in Win 10 64bit for FSX SP2 was unsuccesfull. I keep getting de message:

'ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002'.

My UAC is as low as possible en I signed up the Tiliproxy.cfg. I restarted, etc. but still the same message.

Is Win 10 the end of Tileproxy? Cause I don't like messing around in my registry. I would be a shame.

Ryzen5-2400G/RTX2080/RAM16Gb

Found a way to simply disable UAC in de registry (via Winaero Tweaker). But still the Start TileProxy Window ends up with the same error message.

Recently I updated my system from Vista 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit. In Vista I didn't had any problem with TileProxy.

By now I have tried everything I could find on the web and still no TileProxy...

I'm afraid it goed deeper than that. The problem lies in disabeling the signature check.

I tried to disable this signature check the official way (restart + shift, etc.) but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your reaction Patgarret, but that's just the way I did it, via the howtogeek way. But it didn't help me.

Has anyone got TileProxy to install and work properly in Windows 10 64 bit? I have read the above posts, and links.

My Windows User is set up as Administrator, but I have gone through the recognised "Howtogeek" method of using Shift-Restart and going through the process described to Disable Driver Signature Verification in Windows10.

I too then received the same Windows message when installing TileProxy: "A digitally signed driver is required......Windows blocked the install of an unsigned driver blah blah blah....."

I have also then edited the registry using RegEdit to set EnableLUA to zero (0).

I then uninstalled TileProxy, after the first failed install, and tried to reinstall, but the same message above keeps appearing during install, and then when trying to start TileProxy, it basically cannot connect giving the following:

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Tileproxy>proxyuser.exe
proxyUser: FSX \Device\HarddiskVolume4 ===> E:
proxyUser: World \Device\HarddiskVolume10 ===> I:
proxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume10' (drive I:)
proxyUser: Could not load filter driver: 0x80070241 (Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
)
proxyUser: Using FLTMC.exe as fallback...
Load failed with error: 0x80070241
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.
proxyUser: Could not attach to device: 0x801f0013 (The system could not find the filter specified.
)
proxyUser: Could not get DOS name for volume '\Device\NamedPipe': 0x80070032 (The request is not supported.
)
proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running...
proxyUser: Connecting to the filter
proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Tileproxy>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Is there a sure way with Windows 10 64 to permanently tell it to Disable Driver Signature Verification and hopefully allow TP to install successfully.

As usual I think this is another example Microsoft being over security conscious and not allowing any flexibility !  Give us a break MS !  

Appreciate any help,
Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I have the same issue with Windows10/64. Unable to end this Driver Signature Verification this way.

Looks like you have to end the UAC completely. Setting it low is not enough. But that means you will get issues with IE and Windows mail. And that's no solution i.m.h.o.

Having installed TP driver, after setting Windows to 'Test Mode', as per the above link in my last post, everything seemed to work fine and TP connected successfully.

I haven't yet tried to reset Windows to Normal mode and renable the 'EnableLUA' registry entry to see if it still works. Seemed to just be a Driver installation issues, but we shall see.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hello Stuart.

As I understand it, one has to stay in Test Mode to keep the LUA Mode disabled, needed to keep TP working.

I'm very interested in your findings.

Slowhand,

You will have to watch this topic for a couple of weeks, as I have just arrived in sunny Tenerife for a week's break. I shall look into it further once home.

Cheers,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373