Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

A2A in P3D3

Just wondering if anyone had managed to install an A2A aircraft outside the core sim folder as per P3D3.x SDK please? I tried but ended up with lots of reported sound errors with files being unable to be found? Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Good question Kevin,  I always install the core folder.   I would also like to know this 

I did it using 'symbolic links', but then realised that's probably no different to having installed to core folder, as the link 'fools' Windows into seeing it there.

ok, I'm guessing noone has managed it then :) Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I usually install my AC outside P3D core by creating a P3D dummy folder and installing to it, then I setup a batch file to install the AC following the SDK, this works for most AC but A2A cannot be installed like that because all they references are fixed (not dynamic) so unless the data is where it is expected to be , the run fails. I discusssed this with A2A and they claim that "most" developers are not following the SDK, (2 are for sure not A2A and ORBX )  and in my opinion to their loss.

Jorge