Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Large drop in performance

I am glad rebooting worked for you both.  There is definitely funky stuffs going on with ORBX. In my case I had to kill prepar3d.exe and restarted.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Definitely try applying default / global then back to one of the regions. I had a similar issue a while back and that fixed it for me (after following a suggestion on the ORBX forums). 

A number of folks on the Orbx forums have also mentioned low FPS for Friday Harbor so I would monitor  their site and see if they find a solution.

Cheers

Martin

Yeah my FPS also dropped a lot after I installed the new Orbx Southern California addon the other day. Will try the change to default and back to NA as above.

From EGFF to YSSY

Definitely try applying default / global then back to one of the regions. I had a similar issue a while back and that fixed it for me (after following a suggestion on the ORBX forums). 

Yeah, this must be it. Still I wonder what causes this sudden drop in framerates. Do you have a link to this suggestion at the Orbx forums?

Have a great christmas all  :smile:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I've noticed something really weird. My GTX 970's memory clock DROPS to 3000Mhz (6000Mhz ddr) when its factory setting is 3500Mhz (7000Mhz ddr).

Only just discovered this in 3.1 so don't know if it also happened in 3.0.

Not using any overclocking and everything works fine in FSX-SE and FS9.

GPU clock seems fine but the memory underclocks itself for some reason.

Both nVidia Inspector and MSI Afterburner reports the same so something weird is going on.

Using driver version 358.91 so not the latest, but haven't had any problems otherwise.

OS is Win64 Pro.

Anyone have the same experience?

Hmm...this was a problem with CUDA (which is used for the dynamic Triton water) forcing a lower power state in the GPU. I thought this was fixed with the new CUDA libraries in 3.1. 

Yes Dylan, this seems to be the case. Just tried lowering the water detail from ultra to high and the graphics memory jumps back up to the factory setting.

Every other setting lower than ultra also works fine.

Not sure how much this accually affects performance, but I guess it's something LM needs to have a look at.

Has this been posted on the LM P3D forum please guys?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Okay confirmed that this still occurring on my system as well (memory clock drops to 1500 from 1750 on my 980) with water on ultra and CUDA enabled. I'll add to your thread Peter...

Ok, very frustrated here... Yesterday I did a complete fresh install of Prepar3D v3.1. After the installation I ran the sim to adjust all my settings. Frames were as expected. I locked them at 30 and that's where they were. After closing the sim I started reinstalling all my Orbx software and my A2A aircraft. When that was finished I started the sim again with FTX Central set to North America, I installed the objectflow update when prompted, rebooted the sim and started a flight at Friday Harbor. All's well. 30 fps like a charm. Time to go to bed now. I planned to do a low and slow flight around Friday Harbor today.

But oh horror. When I fired up my sim just now to load a flight at KFHR the framerate had dropped again to around 10-12 fps! I don't get this!! This time a reboot of my computer did not work. Also switching between Global and North America in FTX Cental did not work, So I am back to square one and pretty irritated to be honest, which is ofcourse not a great feeling during christmas. Ah well, it's a first world problem, I know, but I do want to get this fixed. Other suggestions are welcome! Merry christmas folks.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

It has some kind of performance problem. I don´t know what is causing it.

It's just me or the V3.1 update had a clear drop in FPS performance? I had to uninstall this update and came back to V3.0 in order to have my FPS back...