Sign in to follow this  
Pilot737-800

Airport Chart Gauge v2 HELP

:fool:I downloaded Airport Chart Gauge (henceforth called ACG) from AVSIM library recently and I have installed it, as directed in the instructions. I have my FSX in D:/ Drive instead of C:/. This ACG was installed by default in C:/ directory. I got my Airport Database Builder Option to Run.

The Database says that it was built successfully (in a few milliseconds), but the Result comes out as 0 Airports. I also checked through the Manual.PDF for any Help  about this, but it was Unsuccessful.

I have two files installed in the main ACG Folder (after installation), which are "Airport Chart DB Builder.exe" and "DBA.dll". Kindly, tell me where to place to place the DLL file if it was wrongly placed in the main ACG folder.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ACG again, but the Same Problem continues. I would really appreciate a Timely Help.

I just checked mine. I do not have the DBA.dll in my FSX folder. It is not in my DLL.xml. I do have it in the Mahsoft folder along with the Airport Chart DB Builder.exe. Maybe it is looking for your main FSX folder and cannot find it. There is a program to run to set your FSX location in the Registry but I don't remember where it is. Maybe someone can jump in with it or help your problem. My FSX is in the default location so I had no problem installing it. Bob.

• Upvote 1

Guys, thanks for your Ideas. I've even tried using that tool from Flight1 Software, but I don't see any change with ACG. Still, when I try to build the database, the Result comes out as 0 Airports. But I'll keep on trying some other ways to solve this problem, with your Ideas.

Have you tried contacting Holger Maas, the author? Bob.

Update: There is a thread at http://www.avsim.com/topic/375910-problem-loading-air-port-chart-gauge-by-holgar-maass-in-windows-7/

Have you tried running the dbbuilder as Administrator? Also one user said to have FSX running and then run the dbbuilder.exe.

Did you remove the Read Only properties of the Mahosoft folder? Maybe any of this will help you. Bob.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried contacting Holger Maas, the author? Bob.

Update: There is a thread at http://www.avsim.com/topic/375910-problem-loading-air-port-chart-gauge-by-holgar-maass-in-windows-7/

Have you tried running the dbbuilder as Administrator? Also one user said to have FSX running and then run the dbbuilder.exe.

Did you remove the Read Only properties of the Mahosoft folder? Maybe any of this will help you. Bob.

Thank You for your Help. I got it working!

I got this working in FSX by this method.

Program Files(x86), open Mahosoft folder, openAirport Chart folder, then right click on DBBuilder to Run as Administrator.

Andy

andy a

I got it to work for me.

Using the info below from https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491095-airport-chart-viewer-problem/

This is from A32xx

Download Airport Chart Gauge V2 from the library here. It's for FSX and FS2004 but doesn't say so.

Right-click on the installer and set the compatibility mode to XP SP2 and Run As Administrator.

Install as per the on-screen instructions, you MUST install the gauge into at least one aircraft on the installer's list.

When installed, right-click on the Airport Chart DB Builder and set the compatibility mode to XP SP2 and Run As Administrator.

Launch FS2004 [or FSX] and click Fly Now.

Minimize FS2004 [or FSX] and launch Airport Chart DB Builder.

The extra step here, is to check for update, then click "CLR". Continue with the steps below

Select FS2k4 and click Build. Wait forever. When complete, click Off.

Database completed: 1797 airports

Quit FS2004 and re-launch it.

Select your APG equipped plane, choose an airport, click Fly Now.

Open the ACG gauge pop-up window - if your plane has 4 pop-ups, ACG will be no. 5.

There we go :)

I have tired all of the suggestions noted in this thread and I still can't get airport chart to work for me.  First of all, the installer is in a language that I do not understand so I don't know if I am even pressing or answering the steps right.  When I click on build button  it shows that data base has successfully completed however no airports show up.  like I said , I have tried all the steps mention in this thread.  Any Ideas?????

Terry.

nothing will work!!!  I can't read the language the installer is in.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.  I need this gauge in my flight simulator.  Please Help.