Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Aircraft that use the new dynamic reflections

Would be great to have a list of the freeware or payware aircraft that can use the new dynamic reflections.  

I found the stock Connie uses them very well as you can see in the following on vs off screenshots;

Connie on runway with reflections off -

conni%20runway%20ref%20off_zps3ydvf7k7.j

Connie on runway with reflections on. You can see the white runway markings in the bottom front fuse -

connie%20runway%20ref%20on_zpsb5j2wc8u.j

Connie over water with reflections off -

connie%20air%20ref%20off_zpskbloc0ef.jpg

Connie over water with reflections on. You will notice the bottom is more blue to reflect the water color.

conniie%20air%20ref%20on_zpsya9eqfau.jpg

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, if you find an aircraft that uses this new feature please post it here. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, so far we have two:

1. Stock P3D Connie

2. Milviz T-38

any more?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

In wich level detail are you using it? Medium or above? Did you notice the things got a little jaggie, like runway lines?

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I think most if not all will utilize reflections but to what degree is the question 

Rich Sennett

I used high, not ultra for the shots. 

I think most if not all will utilize reflections but to what degree is the question 

Not really, my favorite A2A B-17 and B-377 use their own custom environment maps and show no P3D real time reflections. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I used high, not ultra for the shots. 

Not really, my favorite A2A B-17 and B-377 use their own custom environment maps and show no P3D real time reflections. 

Good point as I just watched a carenado hawker video in 3.1 and not much going on there so carenado aircraft might not be ideal with this new feature 

Rich Sennett

It appears to override any aircraft default settings. A quick and fun test with any aircraft is to slow taxi past Buildings, Hangers, and Facilities and enjoy what you see... :wink:

Appears to be your choice of your default AC settings or 3.1 Dynamic Reflections...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The technical answer is that any aircraft where the developer has used the default "GlobalEnv..." cubemap texture for reflections will work.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the screenshots, Paul.

The AS Airbus do not show dynamic reflections as they use their own environment map. I asked in their forum if they were going to update it to remove the custom map for P3D users and their answer was vacuous (development costs, no interest, too soon to tell, but if others do it we will, we will see)...

Thanks guys, I was a bit blown away when I loaded the Connie and saw the reflections in the polished aluminum. If you have P3D and the update load up the Connie and see those reflections in motion for a real thrill.

To me the shot of it on the runway with reflections on looks so much more real  life than the shot with them off,,,and be sure to check out the prop spinners on the Connie and you will see that they really show off this amazing new effect. 

More planes anyone? Maybe a lot of the older FSX stuff will work. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png