Sign in to follow this  
LittlePaulio

For users of 34" 21:9 monitors

Hi guys,

I've decided to splash out and get Samsung's 34" curved ultrawide. I ntend to keep one 24" monitor for Plan-G. I was just wondering if people think a single GTX 980 would be enough to power both or should I add something like a GTX 950 to power the 24"?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

That's exactly what I just did. Got a 34" Samsung curved display. I am running it with an AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU. I am still experimenting with P3Dv3 settings but seeing a consistent 20-25 FPS in PMDG737 VC with various addons running.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

The 980 will do the job easily. No sweat. Hum...Actually it will work a little harder and it will get warmer so you need to tune the fans curb appropriately.

Pierre

note: I presently drive 3 monitors with a single 980: one 32'' at 3280x2160 and 2 24'' at 1920x1200. The CPU is 4790K at 4.6ghz

Pierre