Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Beware Control Realism Setting in P3DV3 is no longer like FSX or previous P3D

@Potroh

Regards potential issues with P3d controls realism, I can only speak for what I see on my system and what I have read on quite a number of p3d forums, and consensus is divided.

Glad to hear you lucky and find it works just like fsx on your system, there are opinions in this observation too.

I am sure its not my controller, that is why I stated earlier in this post , steps for the test. Includes testing JOYSTICK  with ZERO WERTHER   EASIEST CONTROL  REALISM.

And as I stated before, I slowly stepped up the weather and realism in test s to arrive at conclusion that, Even though I am using same controller as I did in FSX Saitek X65 , controls realism in P3d v3 differs, and if one is not careful could wear joystick out easily due to potentially uncalibrated slider in p3d.

Sounds like your yoke and pedals are not in danger since 100% works for you. This thread is more to help the 737 pilot in p3d fighting hard against 3knots crosswind.

Some GA planes run left as they should on takeoff but then suddenly pull to the the right making it very difficult to keep it on the runway - 100% Realism. At 25% there is an expected pull to the left but at a manageable level. I suspect that the effects of 100% will vary depending on the values set by the designer.

IF this value AND this value equal x Then____. If those conditions are not met the aircraft reacts normally.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Glad to hear you lucky and find it works just like fsx on your system, there are opinions in this observation too.

Sounds like your yoke and pedals are not in danger since 100% works for you. This thread is more to help the 737 pilot in p3d fighting hard against 3knots crosswind.

As far as my own setup is concerned, I fly my full 738 cockpit and all controls are calibrated in FSUIPC. The controls related difference compared to previous versions is NIL.

That's why I dared to say that the source of the problem is not to be found around the flight model. Of course I do not deny that by lowering those sliders control related problems may have a benefit for 'some' users, but simply tried to point out that at the same time that "artificial" easiness ruins the flight-model.

I do design and fly my own flight-model (which is made for a known and respected company in the FS world), so naturally after any new version comes, I have to deeply and thoroughly check and test if the model's behaviour remained the same. Did all those needed tests and that's why I'm positive there are no changes to the flight-model whatsoever.

Of course the problem may exist but not related to the model. Try it once via FSUIPC's 'direct calibration' and if the problem persists there are further possibilities to try.

Potroh

Might it be because ground rolling friction scalars ( sideways ) has been fixed ?

X-Plane has that same problem - too sensitive to even the lighter x-winds, but for rather different reasons pertaining to what I believe is an overdone weathervane effect affecting all aircraft models, but I wouldn't bet LM has done anything to this parameter scalars in the core flight model ?

I had 3.0 installed, and used it mostly with the A36 ( default ) and the PMDG 777, with the sliders full right ( 100 % realism ), and I prefer exactly the weather scenarios which present me with the toughest ( always mild in FSX / P3D ) wind and turbulence situations, and honestly never noticed any overdone effect....

I never used FSUIPC with P3D.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I use fsuipc for buttons but p3d for axis. I find the insim axis setup easiest to work with and remember how to setup.

You could perhaps say those who don't have this problem are using fsuipc for axis.

Is it possible this problem only related to those using p3d axis.

In any case, hope this leads to improvement somewhere usefull

I use fsuipc for buttons but p3d for axis. I find the insim axis setup easiest to work with and remember how to setup.

You could perhaps say those who don't have this problem are using fsuipc for axis.

Well yes, perhaps a lot of users not having the problem use the direct FSUIPC calibration.

But mind it, even if the internal axis setup is easier in P3D, FSUIPC offers a way superior and more precise calibration, so if one is a 'serious' simmer, neither the 'ease factor' nor remembering how to do it, would be enough as an excuse...

Potroh

@Potroh

Well since scolded me, I am now encouraged to explore fsuipc axis use again.

Hope it helps with the realism setting so I can turn it to full again.

But really Mr Pete Dawson, yes you, am talking to you, we could do with a fsuipc GUI update

only for the axis setup, to make more user friendly like in sim axis setup.

Will give this a try when I got some time, still recovering from p3dv3.1 setup.

But  I posted so someone would give reason to turn those realism sliders back to 100%, well you on the spot Potroh cause am gona do that test. P3d is just creating sales for pete dawson with all this half finished modules.

Would be interesting if to say, only way to get proper working axis in p3d is via fsuipc,

well, I will try it, but I hope youre wrong Potroh, cause litigious types would call p3d a Christmas gift given that you need another tool for proper axis on a flight sim.

Interesting thread!

I do all my flying in the NGX and I've always used FSUIPC exclusively for everything related to my controllers and I always kept the realism sliders at 100% and all this is still true now in version 3.1.

I never had any issues in the air but I've always had the same issue in all versions including FSX (and probably also FS9, can't remember anymore) where I almost always have to compensate a bit with the rudder to keep the aircraft going straight on the runway.

I can only wish I had any time in the real 737 so I could compare but even without it I have a hard time believing the real aircraft behaves in the same way unless there's a severe crosswind.

Edited to add that it would of course be very interesting if we have any real 737 NG drivers in here that also fly the NGX who could help us compare this behaviour.

Richard Åsberg

@WebMaximus

For once since I been simming in a decade finally made the time to turn weather to clear all for zero wind and tunred realism settings to easiest, I discovered that my SitekX65 which I thought was starting to fail was still as smooth as butter. That is with the aforementioned settings as described, zero wind, easiest.

From that point on I decided to try various settings on realism slider, eventually settled for 25%.

Hope to find time try on fsuipc axis, but as for p3d axis this issue exists for me, and many others too.