Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3D v3.1: F1 GTN series updated ;-)

Hi Folks,

Good news from Flight 1!

Just run the F1 update tool to download latest version.

It works like a charm!

:smile:

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Same for you! :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks for the heads up! Merry christmas.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Great news as I'm installing 3.1 from 2.5 today. It would be nice to "just run the update tool," if I knew what is was or where to find it. I uninstalled every program in 2.5 before uninstalling P3D itself. Have 3.1 now installed and I'm searching every product for updates. I think I've forgotten more than I know at this point. I don't update often so each time is a relearning process so could someone be kind enough to fill in the gaps here.

Found it.

James McLees

Well that tears it...moving to 3.1 main and content...not so sure about scenery for fear of loosing stuff

Merry Chanukah and Christmas to all

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have run the updater tool to 1.03. V3 is listed. When I try to install the gauge however, I'm getting this "Error finding simulator path, you must have moved the folder without fixing the registry." I didn't move a folder. If I click ok, the GTN GUI opens and it says that I have two versions, v2 and v3. I uninstalled v2 and all the app data files so I know it's not there. I'm try to put it in the turbine  Duke V2.

James McLees

I get the same thing happening to me when I try to use the Gtn update , have tried several times to update but keep getting a download timeout also with the sim path registry error so I went back to 3.0 until this gets straightened out. Maybe uninstall & then reinstall the gtn series is needed.The file that I am missing is actually in the correct location so I think I will probably uninstall & reinstall later on.

Ron

Update: Since the GUI did open. I selected V3 and then the Duke. The gauge does not install into the panel, but it is there as a pop up, views/instrument panel/GTN. It works fine, it's just not "installed."

James McLees

If I were you I would go into the SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2 folder and delete F1GTN.ini, then go into the RealAir Duke Turbine V2\panel folder and delete F1GTNSTACK.ini and panel.cfg. Rename panel.cfg.f1 simply panel.cfg. Now start the Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 Config and add your GTNs on the GPS & Radios tab. That should put the GTN in the VC and you'll still have a pop-up to use the 2D GTN. If you need to configure things (like turn sound off or play click) you can now use the F1TGTNConfigP3D tool to make those chnges.

Jim

I get the same thing happening to me when I try to use the Gtn update , have tried several times to update but keep getting a download timeout also with the sim path registry error so I went back to 3.0 until this gets straightened out. Maybe uninstall & then reinstall the gtn series is needed.The file that I am missing is actually in the correct location so I think I will probably uninstall & reinstall later on.

Ron

Hi Ron

Try disabling your anti-virus before conducting the update. After its updated, be sure to exclude both the GTN.exe and the GTN Updater from your your AV

Hope this helps