Sign in to follow this  
quincysw

RC4 problem

I am running FS9 and windows 7 pro 64bit.

I have downloaded and installed RC4 and updates. I have rebuilt the scenery database and loaded a flight plan.

I run FS9 and my aircraft is parked at gate 7 Guernsey airport but when starting RC4 it is moved to the middle of the sea.

Any help would be much appreciated

regards

Brian

Brian Lavelle

First if you are also loading a flight plan into FS be sure it is not allowed to move you aircraft.

RC will move your aircraft if it is not parked within the limits of its calculated airport center and the airport origin coordinates of your flight plan are not close to RC's limits.

The most frequent cause of this is choosing an incorrect flight plan. Another cause if you have both FS9 and FSX or similar sim installed and when you did your scenery rebuild you chose the incorrect path for the sim you are using.

Be sure you are using the current makerwys.exe installed in your FS folder:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and fsuipc3 from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

After installing the current makerwys rerun RC's scenery rebuild. Then in your FS9 folder check the properties for r5.csv and note the date and time. Now go to rcv4\data and get the time-date stamp of r4.csv and a4.csv. Insure they are close.

You also need to check your scenery library priorities for Guernsey if you are using an add-on. You can see what scenery makerwys used by opening runways.txt in wordpad (not notepad). It is in your FS9 folder. Keep searching for airport Guernsey (spelling). The last entry in that log where runways are listed are what determines the data for RC.

Unfortunately I lost my FS installs on my main PC in a backup and my alternate PC crashed hardware wise so I can't run FS to test your flight plan to see if its coordinates are correct.

In both RC and your planner if you specified a gate there be sure there is no space betweeb the alpha characters and the numeric characters. On the RC controller tab you can see the gate if it was extracted from your flight plan.

Have carried out all the instructions but still have the same problem.

I did however notice that if I load a flight plan from fs build or fs navigator when selecting Controller info in Rc no departure airport or arrival airport is shown

Brian Lavelle

Are you using RC version 4 build 3845?

Is this a new installation of RC?

If you alt-tab with RC running can you see any error messages in any other window?

In the main window of RC in the route window section, are you seeing any waypoints? Do you have at least one mid waypoint in your plan?

Paste a copy of your plan in a reply here.