Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

Madness!

So in a nutshell regarding 3.1 and UTX v2. I can't install without the update, and I can't update without it being installed!

I am so ready for V4 64 bit and a fresh start leaving all this legacy crap behind.

James McLees

So in a nutshell regarding 3.1 and UTX v2. I can't install without the update, and I can't update without it being installed!

I am so ready for V4 64 bit and a fresh start leaving all this legacy crap behind.

Personally, I think you are going to have a very long wait for 64 bit. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Jimmy,

Is this just a 3.1 thing and that the patch actually worked in 3.0 ??? I know I had a bit of confusion when I installed UTX2 into P3Dv3 last weekend... The installer created a temp directory and the patch had to be applied there before you could continue with the overall install into the sim... I'm not sure if that's what you are describing...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott this a clean install of 3.1, coming from 2.5. I only found the patch after trying to install without it (after reactivating my download, after having my password reset...after). I think that I have it sorted but Flight1 now has me locked from playing around too much! On a positive note, the Duke is in, the triple 777 is in as is the Q400 Pro and FTX Global. I have the same Chicken/Egg thing going on with the GTN, but like I mentioned, there is nothing that I can do about it until waiting for "a short time!"

James McLees

All is well and V3 is awesome! The thing is that installing UTX2 and updating it for V3 just doesn't go smoothly. I got there with some trial and error, moving forward with the install despite a few dialog boxes with unhappy news. All I can say is that I sort of jammed it in, anyone who has done this for years knows what I mean!

James McLees

A big hammer and some tender brute force Jimmy...  and most things work eventually. :smile: