Agreed but I sleep better at night knowing I used a cleaner  :wink:

That just doesn't make sense lol.

And... how do you know that the "cleaner" isn't installing a bitcoin mining node code?

The less 3rd party crap the better not mentioning nvidia does it all just fine :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

That just doesn't make sense lol.

And... how do you know that the "cleaner" isn't installing a bitcoin mining node code?

The less 3rd party crap the better not mentioning nvidia does it all just fine :)

Because I use a payware software not freeware - none better than drivercleaner.net been using it for years - never let me down - you get what you pay for in this life

Rich Sennett

The drivers set used by the 980ti will be the same as what's used by the 780. As long as the Nvidia drivers currently in the system are reasonably up to date, there's really no reason to even uninstall them as Windows will detect the new card and grab whats needed from your current driver set. Also, never install the drivers that come with the card, they are often far older than what you would get from the Nvidia website, the same goes with any utility that comes on the cd.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Because I use a payware software not freeware - none better than drivercleaner.net been using it for years - never let me down - you get what you pay for in this life

So why pay when manufacturer gives you a tool that does all that for free?

I'm just really wondering here.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

The drivers set used by the 980ti will be the same as what's used by the 780. As long as the Nvidia drivers currently in the system are reasonably up to date, there's really no reason to even uninstall them as Windows will detect the new card and grab whats needed from your current driver set. Also, never install the drivers that come with the card, they are often far older than what you would get from the Nvidia website, the same goes with any utility that comes on the cd.

That's true indeed Dave. I posted the products supported on the other page. Personally, I tend to uninstall the old driver anyway, just in case Windows has a brain fart. Easy and quick to do. Agree, not really necessary though.