Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Christmas in the mountains.

Stupid question, but what sim is that, it's incredible?

GTA V, people will say its a violent game but you don't have to be violent if you choose not to be.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

In a painful way this shows off how far away the flight sim genre is today (talking about eye candy).

Other applications are so far ahead that it really hurts. I would love to see what a big company could do to a flight sim today. Up-to-date visual design and use of todays hardware would be really nice to see. Well maybe dovetail will bring so new things at the table in 2016 ... I trust that competition is something good.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

In a painful way this shows off how far away the flight sim genre is today (talking about eye candy).

Other applications are so far ahead that it really hurts. I would love to see what a big company could do to a flight sim today. Up-to-date visual design and use of todays hardware would be really nice to see. Well maybe dovetail will bring so new things at the table in 2016 ... I trust that competition is something good.

Look up the new flight sim by the company that made projectcars. It blows gta out of the water.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Look up the new flight sim by the company that made projectcars. It blows gta out of the water.

Hmm, David, you mean the red bull air race they develop? Likely more an arcade game then a Simulator, isn't it?

Couldn't find much about it on Google. Anyway anything about new flightsim "games" is welcome!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hmm, David, you mean the red bull air race they develop? Likely more an arcade game then a Simulator, isn't it?Couldn't find much about it on Google. Anyway anything about new flightsim "games" is welcome!

Project cars is extremely realistic so from what little info that's available I expect the air race game to be extremely realistic aswell.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

This has been done to death, it's 2015 and the world is a capitalist mess. Everything is about profit, plain and simple. Look at Venezuela. In short theres no money to be made in flightsim. The userbase is too small. Games are about consoles, thats where the money's to be made. Even new PlayStation games are being released only on ps4. All the big names in flightsim are doing is flogging the dead horse that is fsx. It really is that simple. I'm sorry to disappoint and be negative but no new flightsim is coming out, no bank would be stupid enough to bank roll it for a few million sales. look at that Tom Clancy sim thing they did on a ps3 it was a flop.

14ppkc-6.png

Why put pictures of GTA V on the forum ?

Because why not? That's like saying don't post screens of Xplane or any other game

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Because why not? That's like saying don't post screens of Xplane or any other game

Except that GTA V is not a flight simulator. FSX,P3D, IL-2 BOS, X-Plane 10, ROF... Yes.

Except that GTA V is not a flight simulator. FSX,P3D, IL-2 BOS, X-Plane 10, ROF... Yes.

A sim no but it does involve virtual aviation. I'm an avid simmer and real world pilot but I do enjoy goofing off in GTA and the graphic are way better than anything any of our sims have.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

A sim no but it does involve virtual aviation. I'm an avid simmer and real world pilot but I do enjoy goofing off in GTA and the graphic are way better than anything any of our sims have.

Alright. The graphics are fantastic, I'm not saying the opposite, but it's not Hardcore.

Also keep in mind that GTA--and every other mainstream game--doesn't bear the same burden that flightsims do.

Sure, any one of us could make a prettier flightsim, with graphics and visuals akin to all of the modern FPS death simulators out there. But the fact is that all of the in-depth addon aircraft that we love so much requires so much continuous calculation power that we can't have it all. Flightsim attempts to not only render the entire world in realtime but also wildly complex aircraft addons in all their glory and with all of their instruments.

Now, if we only wanted a flightsim that was all graphics and all visuals--but with a Sopwith Camel--we could do it. But then again, as numerous other posters have pointed out, this hypothetical becomes just that--a hypothetical--when faced with the commercial reality that no one wants such a sim...