Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Can't start with a default flight using the NGX in P3Dv3.1

OK, well...will follow the recommended procedure from now on. Reason I've been using a default save file has been to not having to remember at what gate I parked on last flight :wink:

You can still save it, just don't make it the default. From the startup screen, just press on "Load" and select your saved file rather than starting a new flight from scratch. Works for me every time.

Walter Meier

You can still save it, just don't make it the default. From the startup screen, just press on "Load" and select your saved file rather than starting a new flight from scratch. Works for me every time.

OK, thanks.

I thought it was using a saved situation that was a no-no but great if it's OK to use a saved situation as long as you don't make it the default situation.

Richard Åsberg

To be clear about Default flight files with P3D:

1. For many aircraft, saved flight files can only be loaded reliably, with all systems operating, once the sim has started up. So to always successfully load a saved flight we must allow the sim to be started up first.

2. If the sim has started (without a saved flight specified as a command parameter e.g. from a shortcut or batch), whether going into the sim or the scenario screen, by definition the Default flight has been loaded.

3. If the default flight is not a saved flight with a stock aircraft, there may be subsequent problems loading a saved flight if the sim completes the startup.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Where to blank out the default flight ??? ..... I have erased the line SITUATION that is inside  [uSERINTERFACE] in Prepar3D.cfg and now when I open P3D the default flight is still charged

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Where to blank out the default flight ??? ..... I have erased the line SITUATION that is inside  [uSERINTERFACE] in Prepar3D.cfg and now when I open P3D the default flight is still charged

Thanks

J J Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Save a new default flight over the old one.

Kyle Rodgers

OK ......  thanks ..................Steve and Kyle ... what I have done is :

- Check  like Default the " Prepar3D Default " ...  (C:\Users\My user\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3)

- Modif Prepar3D.cfg with SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 ( I'll tell you why later )

Then when I run Prepar3D v3.1 .....  the program go inside it and show the aircraft and scenery by default  ...... in this moment I go to Scenery/Load and select one saved with PMDG B739 aircraft ... then OK and the aircraft and scenery change without problem, but after  20 seconds waiting I can not make any change because it seems like if the mouse were been deactivated; I can use F1 to F12, all joystick functions, but the mouse is not active anymore.

As I told before I have Modif Prepar3D.cfg with SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 instead SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1 because if I do so when in the main window I push OK immediately the simulator crashes

Regards

As I told before I have Modif Prepar3D.cfg with SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0 instead SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1 because if I do so when in the main window I push OK immediately the simulator crashes

You may need to find the source of this issue then, because this is absolutely critical to avoid the issue of not being able to use the switches in the VC.

EDIT:

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

OK Kyle .... this is the main problema ..... to find that issue ..... I have that problema from v3.1 versión of P3D .... never before ... and, at the moment I have done ALL .... don't know what to do more ... surely I'll come back to v3.0

Regards and sorry for the omission of my name

Juan José Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928

Juan, I am aware of some that have problems with the 3.1 upgrade. Their solution was to remove P3D and install the full P3Dv3.1 program. I had no problem just doing the client update but not everyone is so lucky. The symptoms are verry similar to what you report.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan, I had decided to go back to 3.0 but with your info I think that 3.1 deserves another opotunity  ...... and I am very obstinate.

Juan José Gómez Prieto

IVAO 142928