Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Q400 First Officer Training now live!

Guys, at long last our Q400 First Officer Training Course has arrived! The first 6 of 13 amazing new videos showing you how to get the best out of the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 are now online, with the rest to follow within the next few days. If you enjoyed our Avsim gold award-winning Q400 Cadet Program, then you'll love this.

We find out what Josh has been up to since we last met at London Gatwick all those months ago, before heading back to school to learn how to deal with a rejected takeoff, an engine fire, a engine fail at V1, a single engine landing and finally handling the mighty Q at its maximum crosswind. 

Next we head off for some more challenging approaches with a short positioning flight from London Gatwick to Southampton to a VOR approach, a short hop across the Channel islands for an RNAV and NDB approach, launching off the Alps for a circle to land at one of Europe's most challenging mountain airports before finally trying to get into Liverpool on a foggy day for a CATII ILS. 13 hours of pin sharp HD content to make you a better Q400 pilot. 

Available now exclusively via www.airline2sim.com 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Good news,  but  I have  one  issue, I  have  purchased  the cadet  version awhile  ago  now  and   now  when I visit  the http://www.airline2sim.com/   which I had  previously  had  no   issues  in signing  in  etc,  but I noticed  its  a different  look now  and  when ask  to sign  in   it  wouldn't  let  me,  tried  to use  the reset  password   option but  that failed  to work as well,  tried  the support   option but  that  failed  as well.  Was wondering  do I need  to re register  again  on the new  web site

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Ben, are the vids just in HD or are they available in 4K anywhere please as well? :). Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Pete, your original videos are still available via Vimeo On Demand here www.vimeo.com/ondemand/airline2sim using the username and password you had originally. The Cadet videos were a transaction with Vimeo rather than us so we've no way to know who bought it to give them access via our own site, so will need to remain separate for existing customers for the foreseeable future. Hope that makes sense and please ask if you need any more help.

Kevin, the films are 1080p again which is still the standard for HD. We're looking at 2k for the 777 course. Capturing reliably at 2k is a challenge.

ah no worries  that's what I thought  now  back   to the new  site  and  reregister  to purchase

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

ok Ben, about to go to 4k in the next cpl of months, guess I'll just have to rely on the tv upscaler :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I cannot register. I purchased the cadet training Aug 29 2014, the invoice tied to vimeo. Can I get a login now and then decide later for the FO course? I tried to contact you using the email form, but it's still sending... Also how can my cadet purchase be reflected on your website if it's tied to vimeo? Thank you.

To anyone who had problems getting to the first officer videos, there appears to have been a bug where you got tied into a registration loop..seems to be all fixed now :)

xaP1VAU.png

I cannot register. I purchased the cadet training Aug 29 2014, the invoice tied to vimeo. Can I get a login now and then decide later for the FO course? I tried to contact you using the email form, but it's still sending... Also how can my cadet purchase be reflected on your website if it's tied to vimeo? Thank you.

Sorry Mario we had a few challenges around the new website today. Should be fixed now.

Your Vimeo ID is not going to work on our site as your previous Cadet Training purchase was with Vimeo themselves and not us. We've now created our own video library so these purchases can all be made on our site without having to go off to Vimeo. I understand that this could introduce some confusion so I've added a section to our site to clear this up. And I've fixed the contact form! You can create an account with buying of course, but there's no time like the present :)

Cheers

Ben

Greetings to all

I am curently unable to purchase the First officer training. Click on activate/buy and it goes to a blank page ( shows header and backround image ) and stays there.

Regards

Walt

It's way to fast speaking, that makes it not enjoyable for me, since the learn effect is not as one speaks clear and on an appropriate speaking speed level. The rest is fine, how it's made etc. But when you try to learn something and it's taught on a way that makes it hard to follow, than I cannot enjoy and learn. Sorry. May be this one is different.

To be honest: This is about the only negative feedback I have ever read since the release of the cadet program. I also own it and it is absolutely superb! If you have problems understanding then maybe you should work on your English skills rather than posting negative feedback on a public forum. And no. I'm also not a native English speaker but I had zero problems following the superb cadet program...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Greetings to all

I am curently unable to purchase the First officer training. Click on activate/buy and it goes to a blank page ( shows header and backround image ) and stays there.

Regards

Walt

Hi Walt. We are having some odd bug on the site where some people don't get the activate/buy window. It's hard to replicate. Is it on a tablet/phone? Would you please log out of that profile and try again with perhaps a different email address and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Ben

I have just finished re-working through the cadet course in preparation for the new episodes with the Q400 pro version.

I have to say in my opinion the cadet course is excellent - fun, well presented and very informative. Great value too!

First Officer course is a no brainer for me.

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hi Walt. We are having some odd bug on the site where some people don't get the activate/buy window. It's hard to replicate. Is it on a tablet/phone? Would you please log out of that profile and try again with perhaps a different email address and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Ben

Hello Ben

Thankfully all is well now,I have been looking forward to the release of the First Officer training for some time now and was able to complete my purchase yesterday.

Regards

Walt

Hello Ben

Thankfully all is well now,I have been looking forward to the release of the First Officer training for some time now and was able to complete my purchase yesterday.

Regards

Walt

That's great to hear. Enjoy the course Walt!