Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Q400 First Officer Training now live!

Great videos :Party:  Enjoying already.

Minor glitch I spotted, video 3 at 21:13, the word "chart" flashes up briefly when you talk about ILS frequency, suspect that's not meant to be there....  :P

Hi,

Having troubles with your website.  I managed now to log in.  Tried to send you a message via "Contact Us" but it seems not to work.

Hi,

Having troubles with your website.  I managed now to log in.  Tried to send you a message via "Contact Us" but it seems not to work.

Hi, sorry about. I've just tweaked the contact us form. Please get in touch with me there, or via ben (at) airline2sim.com and I'll get you sorted with the training. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Sorry Mario we had a few challenges around the new website today. Should be fixed now.

Well Ben, I received another promotional email yesterday. tried to login today, but the website is still inop.

Cannot login with former password. Tried to change password - no go. Cannot reset password either... Simply cannot login... Tried the "Contact Us" page for support. Message still trying to send after 10 minutes...

Not too good for sales My Captain! :wink: 

Using Chrome browser.

Well Ben, I received another promotional email yesterday. tried to login today, but the website is still inop.

Cannot login with former password. Tried to change password - no go. Cannot reset password either... Simply cannot login... Tried the "Contact Us" page for support. Message still trying to send after 10 minutes...

Not too good for sales My Captain! :wink: 

Using Chrome browser.

Not good at all. Sorry Mario, this is not our finest moment. Our website isn't a happy bunny. Would you mind creating a fresh account with a new password and try again? It appears that the first batch of user accounts we created ended up in an endless loop where its impossible to buy, change password or login. A fresh account and email should do the trick. Let me know how you get on.

Can the Cadet series be downloaded, or is it streaming only?

Thanks,

Mark

Can the Cadet series be downloaded, or is it streaming only?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark

Both the Cadet and FO course can be downloaded or streamed, entirely up to you :)

Does it cover how to use and set up the HUD for the different approaches ? Thanks

Not this one, sadly. The aircraft our pilot flew aren't HUD equipped. In fact, in real life very few Q400s are.

G'day Ben

Please note that this is not in any way a critism of the FO program. I have both the Q400 Cadet and FO sets and have recently embarked on coming up to speed with the Dash - the videos are near perfect as an aide.

While coming to terms with RNAV approaches, the 'island hop' hasn't helped entirely as the cruise and approach altitudes are conducted at the same altitude whereas many of the regional RNAV approaches in 'Oz' have a different IAF height requirement to that of the FAF (YPMQ is a good example - Rwy03 IAF's are 4100' & FAF is 3250'). The YPMQ approach is a continued descent from the IAF through the FAF down to the MDA. The obvious problems here is that the steps provided in the video don't provide for what would be a normal VNAV descent to the IAF or at what point to select Arm App, select the MDA, select APPR and VNAV to fly to LNAV/VNAV PATH. I am continuing to 'experiment' with these approaches in FSiPanel but I invariably end up with an A/P disconnect and an unstable aircraft.

Happy for any suggestions as long as it is a 'step-by-step' as per the video. May I suggest that the Q400 Captain's RNAV app include a similar approach to that of YPMQ (LOWI RNAV (GNSS) E Rwy 26 looks interesting!) as these type of RNAV approaches are fairly standard across many of the regional airports in Australia.

Thanks in advance

Steve

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam

Hi Steve

Thanks for the message. To be honest, the airline that Josh worked for did not have the capability to do RNAV approaches as they only had one FMC fitted, so the video we made was put together from a bit of research and other sources. We can revisit this for sure.