Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Getting Comfortable With The 777

Did not think I could fly without the 2D panel.....but I can. I haven't got EZDOK yet but if it makes the flow smoother and just as easy to adapt I will get it.

Did KSEA to PHNL today. 5.25hrs and a perfect landing. Loving this bird.

Randy Smith

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Did not think I could fly without the 2D panel.....but I can. I haven't got EZDOK yet but if it makes the flow smoother and just as easy to adapt I will get it.

Did KSEA to PHNL today. 5.25hrs and a perfect landing. Loving this bird.

Randy Smith

Glad to hear it. One thing many people either don't know (or forget) is that you can use the mouse and the spacebar to look around quickly, and more precisely. Just hold down the spacebar and move the mouse around. It's somewhat of an acquired skill, but I use it all the time.

Kyle Rodgers

I have a cluttered desktop so the trackball works for me. It's amazing how well it works in fact.

Dan Downs KCRP

I remember when I bougth the 777 and realised that it was not with 2D panel. I was so disepointed so I just trashed the plane and never planed to fly it.

But some weeks/months later I gave it a try. And from that day I just fell in love flying with virtual cockpit. It was a new experience for me in flight simming.

Sometimes its hard to change from that you are used to. :) I dont know in witch version of MSFS the virtual cockpit was introduced ? I started with flightsimming from FS95/98 and had a break when about FSX was released. But started again with FSX Steam and now P3D. Its more fun then ever. :) 

Tom Stian Bjerk

Since March 2013 I am using Nvidia's "3D -Vision2" with "Track IR v5" on PMDG's NGX and later on their T7. Inside FSX (MS+SE) it works out of the box. Unfortunately P3D since v2 stopped supporting it and since then lacks (like XP10 also) an official 3D solution. (Just SDKs like e.g. Oculus Rift).

So I will keep my old but satisfying FSX-constellation perhaps even until summer/fall 2016 when turnkey 3D-Vision (360° immersion) support may be expected for both P3D and XP10. B)

Glad to hear it. One thing many people either don't know (or forget) is that you can use the mouse and the spacebar to look around quickly, and more precisely. Just hold down the spacebar and move the mouse around. It's somewhat of an acquired skill, but I use it all the time.

Have 't even tried it and far away from my computer atm, but is there any chance you could remap the spacebar function for this to a mouse side button for example, to make it even easier..?

Have 't even tried it and far away from my computer atm, but is there any chance you could remap the spacebar function for this to a mouse side button for example, to make it even easier..?

Depends on the mouse you have, or the software you have running it. I'm sure you could with a gaming mouse.

EDIT:

I have a few unused buttons on my new MX780...genius idea. Thanks for that!

Kyle Rodgers

I must admit that T7 of PMDG is a fantastic product, but I`m too surprised with the PMDG,s option to retire the 2D Panels. Surely this polemic is very weary and I apologize. But I don´t know the original question. When and Why exactly PMDG decides the 2D panels elimination. An option really curious because the six displays are 2D panels, the three MCDU are 2d panels, the two MCP and EFIS (from the captain side and the first officer side) are 2D panels, even the radio panel. Why not the pedestal or the overhead panels? Some times I can`t avoid the feeling that we have an unfinished product. What kind of technical or pedagogical reasons use PMDG to take this decisión.

I remember the show that PMDG made with the MD-11. Nearly you could undock even the "tobacco-pouch" of the captain.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for everybody.

Depends on the mouse you have, or the software you have running it. I'm sure you could with a gaming mouse.

EDIT:

I have a few unused buttons on my new MX780...genius idea. Thanks for that!

Np, that's what I thought! Why use 2 hands for that when we can easily do it with one and it's even more awesome ;)

I didn't even know about Mouse-spacebar! Thanks, Kyle. Looks like it can be changed in

FSX>Options>Settings>Controls>Buttons/Keys choose "views"

there's an entry Mouse - View Direction (On).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2