Sign in to follow this  
gfd

UT2 Into P3D v2/3

Season's Greetings to all,

I promised I would create a tutorial outlining how I setup my system to allow the installation and operation of UT2 in Prepar3D. I was away for awhile and only just got it done. My apologies. Apologies in particular, to newtie, who waited patiently until finally using EMT.

I uninstalled UT2 and all the modifications before writing the note. I can confirm that after redoing the modifications, UT2 installed, and was funtional in Prepar3D.

Here is the link to the Word file in OneDrive. I hope it is of some help to those wishing to enjoy UT2 in P3D.

Here's the link:

http://1drv.ms/1mECcBq

All the best of the season.

EDIT: added a web page for those who don't have word on their computer.

• Upvote 1

Will this work if I have FSX with UT2 on my system? I fly both p3d and fsx and want to use UT2 on both.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Will this work if I have FSX with UT2 on my system? I fly both p3d and fsx and want to use UT2 on both.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't have FSX. However, I believe that you would have to change the registry entries for FSX to point to your P3D installation for a start. You would then, I think have to create dummy FSX AppData\Roaming and FSX ProgramData folders and replace the FSX versions. Then you could probably follow the rest of the procedures to get UT2 working in P3D. So FSX use actual FSX data. P3D use the dummies you create. You will still have to do the SimObject.cfg entry. Maybe I'm out in left field, but that seems to me to be the way to go.

Those having dual setups may be able to help further.

Those having dual setups may be able to help further.

Well done Graham thanks for taking the time to do this  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I assume that "UT2FSXInstall" should actually read "UT2P3DInstall"?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any time for the good folks.

I assume that "UT2FSXInstall" should actually read "UT2P3DInstall"?

Oops yes.

Been away again. You're most welcome Richard. Haven't tested it on different machines. Don't know why it wouldn't work though. It is an alternative for those who don't wish to use the EMT. Of course no knock against that excellent tool. Happy New Year.

For those that have UT2 and FSX installed, there is a MUCH simpler method that takes about 2 minutes.  This doesn't touch the existing install of UT2 at all and UT2 will continue to work in both sims 100% correctly. This works with P3D version 2 and 3.

Change paths to match your own.

1. Open ***\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg
2. Add this line:

[Entry.10]
     Path=C:\FSX\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

3. Open ****\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\exe.xml

4. Add the following.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

5. If your AI aircraft have any common textures located in main FSX texture folder, copy them over to the main P3D texture folder.

That's it.

Forkboy,

I'm sure you're correct and this will certainly help Tom Davis who posted above. Perhaps you could message him in case he's not following the thread.

This process is for those who use P3D exclusively.

Maybe start as a new topic. There could be other dual users still struggling with UT2 in P3D. This would be a great help. Thanks.

Forkboy's solution worked perfectly.  I know it being on the old mechanical drive doesn't help performance, but this was an easy fix to get traffic back in the simulator.  THANK YOU!

One Caveat, at least in my case... I didn't actually have an EXE.xml file as listed as item number 3 to edit.  So, I simply copied the EXE.xml file from my "****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\" folder to the "****\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" folder.  Started up and works like a charm.

This will keep me satisfied until something better and more updated comes along.   Thanks for the easy solution!