Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

A2A and ORBX not working after purchase

I purchased the new ORBX Southern California Region today. Did the download, but it's not showing up. I did get an e-mail showing I made the purchase.The same thing happened with the purchase of the A2A B-17. I went to the Flight Sim Store to look up my A2A purchase and it doesn't show in my account. Both are not showing in FSX. This is weird. Anyone else having this problem?

I purchased the new ORBX Southern California Region today. Did the download, but it's not showing up. I did get an e-mail showing I made the purchase.

Hello Jetsmell. When you say you did the download but its not showing up,  if you did the download would it not be in your downloads of your C Driver?    

.The same thing happened with the purchase of the A2A B-17. I went to the Flight Sim Store to look up my A2A purchase and it doesn't show in my account. Both are not showing in FSX. This is weird. Anyone else having this problem?

So you bought and downloaded the B17 and the Orbtx California and they now in your C Drive ?  Yes/No   

Could an Antivirus or Firewall be blocking your download?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So you bought and downloaded the B17 and the Orbtx California and they now in your C Drive ?  Yes/No

I couldn't find the ORBX Cal. anywhere. The A2A B-17 is there . I did the exe. and it said it downloaded successfully , but it's not in my hanger in FSX. Everything related to FSX is in my E drive, but I also searched my C drive. I have Windows 10.

A little confusing!  You said the A2A B-17 is there, meaning the download from the A2A site was successful.  You

did the .exe...now did it actually say the "Installation" was successful, but you don't see the B-17 folder in your

FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder or you don't see the B-17 in your Aircraft Selction screen?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I checked with my credit card company and it shows both purchases were made , but both are pending. This has never happened before, I guess Christmas has something to do with it.

did the .exe...now did it actually say the "Installation" was successful, but you don't see the B-17 folder in your

FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder or you don't see the B-17 in your Aircraft Selction screen?

I did the A2A B-17 download and it said it was successful, but it's not in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder and not in FSX.

There is a difference between download and install.  I take it that the install did not work.

Charlie Aron

Correct, the install didn't work. Looks like my Walmart card is showing both as pending. This is a first for me.

The reason I didn't get the download is now clear. My credit card company was pending. The A2A B-17 cleared. I went to PC Aviator and did the download. It said that it was installed. Opened FSX and chose the A2A B-17. There were no pop ups to ok like one would typically see with a new aircraft. I did see two B-17's in FSX , but they were not with the other A2A Aircraft that I had. Unlike the other A2A Aircraft that I have, there was no A2A label under the two pics. With my sliders all the way up, I noticed very little detail in the rivets,etc. In my start menu and programs there is an acknowledgment that it is there. Are the two B-17's that I see in my hanger default planes?

You cant  select  default  planes  from your  fsx  selection  not  that I thought

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg