Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Calling All FSG Real Weather And Opus Users are they working with p3dv3.1

Having WMI issues with ASN using latest p3d.

So looking for alternatives that ARE KNOWN working with latest p3d.

I have read posts on other forums regards some having problems with ASN update, so like me went back to get the full installer for latest ASN b5833 still issues installing.

So any tips regards known working weather addon for p3dv3.1 much appreciated.

Hi don't know your name, sorry,

FSGRW invites an update, if already installed, and this works perfectly with Prepar3D v3.1.

Mike

thanks a much for the feedback guys, am really spoilt, don't fly anymore without addon weather.

Forgot to mention am looking for only weather engines that can run from network.

I think Opus sounds most positive. Off to see networkability  of Opus  And FsGlobal Weather

For the record I a may record. I think a very highly complex licence system for ASN means its virtually impossible to totally delete its presence from your computer and when it fails, it means you can practically never do a fresh install to work. This helps security of the product against piracy its a nightmare if you paid for the product and it treating you like pirate  ASN WMI error message blues.

When too much software security getting in the way of product use, time to move on

Hoping with FsGlobal weather Opus, if they break, I can uninstall, clear registry and reasonable chance of fresh install, with ASN it always knows where you had it installed previously even if you starting from fresh OS. This results in lots having WMI issues with ASN.

For the record I a may record. I think a very highly complex licence system for ASN means its virtually impossible to totally delete its presence from your computer and when it fails, it means you can practically never do a fresh install to work. This helps security of the product against piracy its a nightmare if you paid for the product and it treating you like pirate ASN WMI error message blues.

Errr  your  wrong  in  assuming  this I  had  to  unstall asn  twice  now   to re install  had  no issues although  using  fsx  cant  see  why p3d  is  any different,  You should have posted  your issue  in the hifi forum

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I already have a ticket open with ASN, and shockingly got feedback on boxing day.

However the proposed solution is to install full version, which I already tried not working. Maybe its win8 related. Never had issues with ASN on win7. But in Win8 nothing but WMI hell.

Anyway just tried Opus via network, not bad.  Very easy to setup if you follow your intuition rather the manual details of live camera live view which confuses those who just want the weather engine.

Nice haze nice clouds in Opus. Would be good for GA. ASN was my preferred for Tube liners.

Has Opus weather improved for tubliners ?

Also where do I get my Wind component now that I no longer have ASN briefing ? 

change is overrated it just more work ................

all I need now is a way to get wind component based on given flight plan and am good to go with opus.

any ideas ?     and please don't ask me to go calculate average for each waypoint, cause am really asking for the calculator here.

cheers