Sign in to follow this  
Flapsset

New Computer: Scenery issues

I have the following specs: 6700k CPU, nVidia 970, 16Gb Ram and FSX on SSD.  I had the exact same issue with my new computer and solved it with a graphics card setting.  First, as Jim said, NO tweaks to the fsx.cfg, because Skylake systems don't benefit from them.  What fixed the blurries for me was going into nVidia Inspector and adjusting two settings under "Texture Filtering".  Anisotropic filtering mode to OFF; and Anisotropic filtering to 16x.  That took me from very blurry to crystal clear.

I have the following specs: 6700k CPU, nVidia 970, 16Gb Ram and FSX on SSD.  I had the exact same issue with my new computer and solved it with a graphics card setting.  First, as Jim said, NO tweaks to the fsx.cfg, because Skylake systems don't benefit from them.  What fixed the blurries for me was going into nVidia Inspector and adjusting two settings under "Texture Filtering".  Anisotropic filtering mode to OFF; and Anisotropic filtering to 16x.  That took me from very blurry to crystal clear.

What is you filtering setting in FSX under the Grapics tab?

Ernest Pergrem

What is you filtering setting in FSX under the Grapics tab?

I have Anisotropic filtering set in the graphics tab.    

Hi Luftwulf, I see you have Steve's DX10 Fixer running, but in his PDF guide he does include a host of cfg tweaks to go with it. Did you implement them? Or leave your cfg 'bare'.

Sorry, my mistake ... I must have been following another DX10 guide ... I might try a fresh FSX.cfg build then and clean out all those fixes.

I have Anisotropic filtering set in the graphics tab.    

Thanks..

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Luftwulf, I see you have Steve's DX10 Fixer running, but in his PDF guide he does include a host of cfg tweaks to go with it. Did you implement them? Or leave your cfg 'bare'.

Sorry, my mistake ... I must have been following another DX10 guide ... I might try a fresh FSX.cfg build then and clean out all those fixes.

Firstly, Great Avatar!  

My settings are as follows:

Poolsize = 0

Display Texture MaxLoad =

Swap Wait Timeout = 2

Graphic Texture Max Load =  2048

Texture Bandwidth Multiplier = 60

Missing Texture Alert (not checked)

LOD Radius = 6.5

Max Sync Batching Jobs = 3

Fiber Time Fraction = 

Process Affinity/Mask = Checked

Core2

Core4

Core6

Force VC Shadows = Checked

Cheers,

LW

I'd start fresh if I were you. Delete the CFG, rebuild it and just fly.

For instance, a lot of so-called "experts" say to raise the Texture_Bandwidth_Multi to 120 or higher (default is 40).  It should never go higher than 60.

Best regards,

I would just like to add that this is not the case for FSX Steam Edition. The default Texture_Bandwidth_Multi is set to 160 and should be left as it is. The bufferpools shouldn't be touched ( added ) either since dovtail made some improvements to it. But this only apply's to FSX SE not MS FSX.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Interesting.  The default TBM for P3D is 30 and no bufferpool tweak.  I suspect the fact Dovetail uses dotnet 4.0 to run their application is the reason for this.  FSX uses dotnet 1.1 or 2.0.  Otherwise I see no advantage.  They could not change any of the code in FSX.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10