Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

124th ATC v2

I gave it a quick try and for an alpha version it works quite good. Told me what freq I needed to tune to , knew when I was at the holding point and told me I was clear for take off etc. After take off asked me to tune to delivery ... I think this could become quite good.

full.jpg

Hi Glenn,

Great to see this is working so well in its present state (alpha). The neat thing is it seems to be able to interact with AI traffic.

Yesterday I finally could complete a IFR flight for the first time, using this plugin. Bravo to the developer !
So now my list of obligatory plugins is growing : 
RTH
x-assign

x-camera

and now: 124th ATC v2

bravo to the dev

I used this plugin already back in XP9 times. It was programmed by another guy at this time, was not as sophistcated as now with all the possibilties of XP10 and was only 32 bit - but I liked it very much.

I can't tell about the current implementation, though, as I (unfortunately) have almost no time to fly these days.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Can anyone confirm this works with AI traffic? This would be fantastic paired with World Traffic.

There is a trick to get X-Plane AI working in World Traffic and this ATC tool said 19 aircraft were loaded but I did not see much interaction , maybe I am missing something in the setup. I can ask the developer.

In fact I did not know this but when I loaded my route in this program my FlyJSim 737 followed the route I sent to ATC if I had my switch set to GPS so that was pretty cool :)

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

From World Traffic Manual

Plugin Control of AI Aircraft

This option allows World Traffic to control the X-Plane multi-player aircraft. The purpose of this option is to allow the World Traffic aircraft to be visible on your TCAS display. Follow these

procedures to use this function:

1. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option.

2. Make sure the last option shows that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently OFF”. Press the ENTER key on that line if it is “Currently ON”. This must be off before you change

the number of X-Plane multi-player aircraft.

3. In X-Plane open the Aircraft – Aircraft & Situations menu.

4. Click the Other Aircraft tab.

5. Set the number of aircraft to 20 or the maximum aircraft that you want to have displayed.

6. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option.

7. Set the last option so that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently ON”. A stick plane will be drawn on the X-Plane showing showing the location of closest 20 planes

I just wanted to let others here know that 124thATC v2 seems to work fine with X-plane 11. I did a one hour GA flight last night and it worked very well.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Nice! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I just wanted to let others here know that 124thATC v2 seems to work fine with X-plane 11. I did a one hour GA flight last night and it worked very well.

Just tried it too. It seems to work with WT and XP11. Much better than the default ATC. Speaking of the default ATC... Yesterday I was given instructions to use taxiway A1 to RWY 28, which was all very nice. But when I got there, there was a line of about ten AI  aircraft all jammed together waiting to get takeoff clearance, which of course never came. We could have had a party on the tarmac.

Indeed the first company that can offer a decent vocal ATC intergrated with AI generated flights will make the big money.

We have good offers but noone seems ready to invest the resources needed to reach such a goal: WT is improving but always at a slow pace given the one-man type of businness, X-Life same.

VOcal ATC packages ported from FSX do not deal with any type of AI traffic.

The positive note is that number of X-Planers is increasing fast and this means honey to attract the big bears.

• Upvote 1

Indeed the first company that can offer a decent vocal ATC intergrated with AI generated flights will make the big money.

We have good offers but noone seems ready to invest the resources needed to reach such a goal: WT is improving but always at a slow pace given the one-man type of businness, X-Life same.

VOcal ATC packages ported from FSX do not deal with any type of AI traffic.

The positive note is that number of X-Planers is increasing fast and this means honey to attract the big bears.

Good points and I agree.

What would speed up immensely the offer of integrated AI/ATC add-ons (with global worldwide AI traffic) would be two changes from Laminar part, i.e. opening to 3rd parties the high level control of AI and ATC.

As it is now, you can see (opening the dev console) how X-Plane manages AI and ATC: it spawns AI traffic at a given position/altitude/speed and following a given random flight plan, and then the traffic is directed by ATC with high level commands.

If these control methods would be open to 3rd parties via the SDK (with commands like "spawn aircraft x at position y with flight plan z" and similar high level commands for ATC) we would see an integrated, worldwide coverage AI/ATC addon much faster.

As it is now, all these kind of addons have to control themselves both AI and ATC at a low level, moving the aircrafts at every frame (taxing, taking off, etc.) and making everything a lot more complex.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I just heard about this and I think it may be the answer to X-Plane ATC.

http://124thatc.matacchieri.eu/

It seems to be in constant development, with regular revisions.

Thanks for sharing this - it appears to be better than default which has remained unchanged for a long time.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Thanks for sharing this - it appears to be better than default which has remained unchanged for a long time.

much better!! it has multivoice "text to speech" support with an option to randomize multi voices with atc! well the only other add on i can think about with this feature is Vox ATC (FSX/P3D) , not to compare, but not bad for a freeware!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM