Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

DA Cheyenne in P3Dv3.1

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - LOL - as I'm sure I've mentioned it before - the DA Cheyenne has been one of my absolute favorite planes in MSFS... I've been flying it for years and I'm extremely happy to report - it seems to work seamlessly in P3Dv3.1 (if only it had dimming night lights)... I'll probably swap out the Trimble for the F1 GTN and add some paints... Honestly - even by today's standards it's still an exceptional plane, with a beautiful functional VC, and a flight model that's a joy to fly... I'm sure I'll be logging many more hours in this bird - talk about longevity - it was a bird truly ahead of its time when released... For the record - I am in no way associated with the product...

San Diego to Catalina

2015-12-26_14-44-40-276_zpsojwjzk95.png

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

thx for the heads up. If you manage to integrate the GTN into the VC of the Cheyenne, I'd be very glad if you could post the how-to.

Rgds

Tom

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Interesting, I might try and install it into P3D 2.4, should work there if it's working in 3.1. Love his plane but gave up on it in FSX, never seemed to work right for me, but have a new PC so I'll give it a shot? Thanks for posting!

Cheers

Martin

Hi Folks,

Will do Tom - I had done it previously with RXP units in FS9 and it worked fine - there is an option to blank out the knobs on the Trimble and/or Radar to accommodate - whichever you prefer...

I would think so Martin - I used the migration tool - just make sure you have the "4.0 of the Cheyenne X" as it did have many fixes... Happy to help... My only real gripe is that the gauge lights are so bright at night it makes it difficult to see outside... I'll probably stick to daylight flight ops with her...

Regards,

Scott

Yes, I do have 4.0 and she seems to have installed without a problem without using the migration tool. Now to take her for a spin and see if everything is working.

If I can remember how to fly her :fool:

Thanks again for posting, had forgotten all about her!

Martin

Sweet thanks for the reminder!  The lights seem out of place but otherwise yeah its great!

chey.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Like visiting an old friend....I have her installed in P3D v2.4 and she seems to work like a charm.

DigitalAviation0225fb4.jpg

Hi Ryan,

Nice shot... I've seen that mentioned before and I've looked - I don't see it it - which lights are out of place ?

Hi Martin,

LOL - way cool - honestly - I didn't expect any interest when I posted such an old plane... While the PC-12 is the newest Caranado plane I own - I still think this plane is better overall than everything I've seen from them...

Hi Lamar,

Just be aware the plane was modeled as it was probably around the 1980's - primitive GPS and moving map... I've used the Trimble but honestly - it is much more enjoyable swapping it out with a later model GPS... As mentioned - in FS9 - I used a GNS430W.... In P3D we don't have that option - we have the Mindstar GNS and the F1 GTN - neither of which I've purchased yet... Everyone seems to love the F1 GTN and I've heard very little feedback on the Mindtstar product... The Mindstar uses nonstandard navdata - so if you want it up to date it means another paid data subscription... Anyway - the. VC is prettier than the outside... If you take the plunge and need some help - just holler....

Thanks everyone - if I mod the panel I'll send you my changes Tom...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks everyone - if I mod the panel I'll send you my changes Tom...

Hey Scott,

thx in advance

Tom

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM