Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

RTWR2016 Recruiting

It's that time of year once again!

Assuming that the race will go on as usual in 2016, it's time to start recruiting and practicing for the annual 'Round The World Rally.

The 'Round The World Rally is a race around the virtual world, run in Microsoft Flight Simulator.  The forums at Avsim, FlightSim.com and Sim-Outhouse.com each form a team to fly a virtual baton completely around the world.  The race is run completely in real time, and is usually flown in legs of up to two hours.  The team that completes their flight with the fastest overall time (after bonuses/penalties) takes home the coveted Tornado Trophy. 

The race is traditionally held the first weekend following Valentine's Day, which is the weekend of February 19th-21st.  If you're interested in joining the fun and camaraderie, simply reply to this thread with the information requested in the quote below.

Let's bring the Tornado Trophy back to the Avsim trophy case!

It`s that time of the year again Flightsim lovers . The Annual Microsoft Round the World Race will very soon be with us again .

This post is for all ,Veterans, previous competitors and most Importantly new recruits who fancy trying a part of flight simulation with a competitive and "adrenaline inducing " continuous flight around the world with fun, friendly ,helpful , likeminded FS fans with the ultimate goal of flying around the world non-stop , as a team , as quickly and cleanly as we can in a variety of different Aircraft . Full details can be found here http://www.fsrtwrace.net .
The Race generally starts the first Weekend following Valentines Day 14th Feb. Any queries or questions not covered in the comprehensive Round the World website can be asked and answered on the Questions and Answers thread here http://forum.avsim.n...ns-and-answers/ . All who wish to express an interest in helping Avsim win this prized title are welcome to register that interest here. please state the following in your post :-
( Callsign ) post nickname
( Flightsim version ) FS9, FSX Original, FSX Steam, Prepare3D, or any combination (please list all you are capable/willing to use)
( Experience in Flightsim ) A/C types flown and preferred
( Timezone =/- UTC ) Vital to have a roster of Pilots from around the Globe
This is a competitive , fun and exhilarating Event which you will never forget :) Lets bring the Tornado Trophy home to Avsim

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

As far as I know its on this year, I guess it will depend on if Flightsim and Sim-Outhouse have enough for a team.  I haven't heard official word from the committee yet however but once the holiday season is over I'm sure those discussions will start up.

Also, Prepar3D is allowed to be used as well, just thought I'd add that to your blurb. :)

spacer.png

I'd better get this started:

( Callsign ) CavalierDuck
( Flightsim version ) FSX Original, FS9 also available
( Experience in Flightsim ) RTWR 2010-2015, anything with wings (rotors don't count  :P)
( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC 0

I'll second that -

( Callsign ) spokes2112
( Flightsim version ) FSX Original, FS9 also available
( Experience in Flightsim ) FS since FS95, RTWR since 2008, anything with wings, limited helo.
( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC -6 (US Central) 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

ha, guess I forgot to add my part

( Callsign ) epwatson (Eamonn)
( Flightsim version ) FSX Steam Edition (probably, may switch back to boxed edition)
( Experience in Flightsim ) Long long time ago when RTWR was in its infancy. :)
( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC -4 (Atlantic Canada)

spacer.png

Happy New Year Guys

( Callsign ) arrvoo
( Flightsim version ) FSX boxed edition
( Experience in Flightsim ) Longer than i dare to remember
( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC

Harv.png?dl=1

Happy New Year!

Callsign: Rndguy

Flight Sim: FSX acceleration boxed

Experience: Race veteran

Time Zone: Central US (UTC -6)

Travis.png?dl=1

Happy New Year to everyone.

Confirm.

(Callsign) jeff w
(Flightsim version) FSX
(Experience in Flightsim) Race Veteran
(Timezone +/- UTC) UTC -5

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Hi all of you.

I am ready again this year.

(Callsign) JockHA
(Flightsim version) FSX
(Experience in Flightsim) Race Veteran, also Helicopter (long time since we had that)
(Timezone +/- UTC) UTC +1

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

Despite last years debacle, I'll give it another go this year...If you'll put up with me!

(Callsign) RonAttwood

(Flight sim version) FSX

(Experience) Experience? Ha!

(Time zone) GMT

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Despite last years debacle, I'll give it another go this year...If you'll put up with me!

So we're stuck with our albatross? Fine by me :)

(Callsign) Rolf

(Flight sim version) FSX

(Experience) Yes

(Time zone) GMT +1

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Hi

I am a new guy in this, hoping to learn enough in time to join the race.

( Callsign ) verbli
( Flightsim version ) FSX Steam
( Experience in Flightsim ) Singles and light twins. Piston prefered.  Some experience.
( Timezone =/- UTC ) +1

Looking forward to a great get together with all the team , missed all the banter and laughs that make this such a special and important part of our calendar.     

(Callsign) Bry 

(Flightsim version)  FSX Box Edition  and P3Dv2/3 as backup

(Experience in Flightsim)  Got the hang of it now . Tentative Veteran

(Timezone ) Greenwich Mean Time  or UTC 0 

ps      Where`s Mr Osborne 

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png