Sign in to follow this  
tkellogg

Still Can't Calibrate My Controller in Version 3.1 of Prepar3d

Very frustrated here. Bought version 3.0 when it first came out but never flew it as I couldn't fly using my joystick. Elevator and ailerons were functioning but not my throttle or rudder control. Regrettfully I uninstalled version 3.0 and reinstalled version 2.5 along with all of my addons. I was excited to see this problem was to be addressed in version 3.1. So after downloading version 3.1 and doing a total reinstall of version 3.1 I still cannot calibrate my controller. There is a calibrate screen now but I am unable to assign my throttle or rudder axes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I have not seen anyone post about this issue on Avsim but have seen some people post on P3D forum about their controller problems. I have a Saitek Cyborg EVO Force which has worked flawlessly for years but not with Version 3.0 or 3.1 of Prepar3d. I have long been a supporter of Prepar3d and have had nothing but praise for the software. But lately I am becoming concerned about such a basic problem that exists in this developing software. If I need to purchase a new controller fine but it would be nice to know ahead of time if my controller is not compatible with the latest version of P3D. But apparently even people with newer controllers than mine are experiencing problems. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Saitek. I have windows 7 and a computer capable of running P3D and a lot of addons that runs with FPS in mid 30's. I would appreciate any help anyone can give to get me up and flying with version 3.1. Thanks.

Very frustrated here. Bought version 3.0 when it first came out but never flew it as I couldn't fly using my joystick. Elevator and ailerons were functioning but not my throttle or rudder control. Regrettfully I uninstalled version 3.0 and reinstalled version 2.5 along with all of my addons. I was excited to see this problem was to be addressed in version 3.1. So after downloading version 3.1 and doing a total reinstall of version 3.1 I still cannot calibrate my controller. There is a calibrate screen now but I am unable to assign my throttle or rudder axes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. I have not seen anyone post about this issue on Avsim but have seen some people post on P3D forum about their controller problems. I have a Saitek Cyborg EVO Force which has worked flawlessly for years but not with Version 3.0 or 3.1 of Prepar3d. I have long been a supporter of Prepar3d and have had nothing but praise for the software. But lately I am becoming concerned about such a basic problem that exists in this developing software. If I need to purchase a new controller fine but it would be nice to know ahead of time if my controller is not compatible with the latest version of P3D. But apparently even people with newer controllers than mine are experiencing problems. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Saitek. I have windows 7 and a computer capable of running P3D and a lot of addons that runs with FPS in mid 30's. I would appreciate any help anyone can give to get me up and flying with version 3.1. Thanks.

The only way I could get my CH Pedals to work in P3D V3 was using paid version of FSUIPC. Haven't got 3.1.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Tell us about your purchase of FSUIPC, and your inability to calibrate your joystick/controls and perhaps I will commiserate with you.

Seasons greetings to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have the latest version of FSUIPC

Paid or free?

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I suffered from controller issues in P3D v3.0 with my CH Flightstick Pro joystick (it had a significant "left bias", although it was flyable). However, the new calibration routine in v3.1 has solved this issue. I seem to have equal control authority left and right, and the throttle works fine. I use AutoRudder (I don't have a rudder control on the joystick), so I can't help you with that one. It's strange that throttle and rudder are not auto detected for you by the new calibration routine....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I finally have my throttle and rudder working. Apparently the version of FSUIPC I was downloading was the correct version however I could not access it as it said it wasn't registered. So I purchased a new license on Simmarket. When I downloaded the version off Simmarket I got the message a later version was already loaded on my computer. So I used the new registration key with the latest software version of FSUIPC that I located on Pete's website. I now have an operation version of FSUIPC. I was able to use FSUIPC to assign the throttle and rudder. Now I am finally flying. Yippee! I will now do all of my assignments of keys and axis as well as calibration through FSUIPC. It can appear very daunting at first but after a thorough reading of Pete's manual I can at least start assigning and flying.

Such a shame that it took all this to get flying when older versions of P3D were a cinch to calibrate flight controls and get flying. Best of luck to anyone else having this problem. But if you are having problems with flight controls, FSUIPC is the way to go to get you up and flying.

+1

I finally have my throttle and rudder working. Apparently the version of FSUIPC I was downloading was the correct version however I could not access it as it said it wasn't registered. So I purchased a new license on Simmarket. When I downloaded the version off Simmarket I got the message a later version was already loaded on my computer. So I used the new registration key with the latest software version of FSUIPC that I located on Pete's website. I now have an operation version of FSUIPC. I was able to use FSUIPC to assign the throttle and rudder. Now I am finally flying. Yippee! I will now do all of my assignments of keys and axis as well as calibration through FSUIPC. It can appear very daunting at first but after a thorough reading of Pete's manual I can at least start assigning and flying.

Such a shame that it took all this to get flying when older versions of P3D were a cinch to calibrate flight controls and get flying. Best of luck to anyone else having this problem. But if you are having problems with flight controls, FSUIPC is the way to go to get you up and flying.

As I said previously, if it weren't for FSUIPC, I would have never been able to get my CH rudder pedals to work in V 3.0. I just installed V 3.1 about 20 minutes ago and they work there too, so I am just going to leave it the way it is. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310