Sign in to follow this  
sacrayton

My wait Was in Vain

I was so excited about the Immersion Effects for the PMDG 737NGX being released. I have the 777Immersion and was just amazed at how it truly increased the simulator experience. But I cannot get the 737Immersion to work. You can see all of the entries in the aircraft config file under [smokeSystem]. The effects files are all in the Effects folder. Upon depressing the "I" key, the effects all react at once. So I know the effects are there, but cannot get to to work. 

I do have a question though. I have never received my serial number for my software. Could that be the problem in that it needs to be activated? I thought the activation was automatic through my account?

Next issue is that I cannot download or view the User Manual through VFXCentral.

Stephen

I do now have the User Manual and will read through to see if I can get the software to work.

I'm confident the developer will assist you if you continue to have problems after reading the manual, but if it were me I might ignore the post for a few weeks given the title that you chose.  Disrespectful and confrontational, and then you ask for help.

Just food for thought.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

No disrespect intended at all. I apologize if my posy was misconstrued to be as such. I did read that it works better with DX10. I have DX11 on my machine. Could that be an issue?

Disrespectful and confrontational, and then you ask for help.

You've got to be kidding. "My wait was in Vain" is exactly how the OP feels. He waited for the product but it would not work for him, so he feels that his wait was in vain... He could have chosen a more descriptive title ("Effects not showing properly... activation issue?" for instance), but he wasn't being "disrespectful". Hopefully the developer is thick skinned and professional enough to not give a customer the silent treatment because his feewings got hurt (and I'm sure that he is... I've seen the developer helping customers around here and he seems very helpful and professional). 

• Upvote 1

No, I'm no kidding.  Your position is noted.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

DaveCT2003,

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, just frustrated that I cannot get it to work. I am very appreciative of the developers of the software offering this product for our enjoyment. Hope I can get it to work soon. Happy Holidays DaveCT2003!

Stephen

Note to thread: Problem resolved via direct support.

Hopefully the developer is thick skinned and professional enough to not give a customer the silent treatment because his feewings got hurt. 

I've seen many developers do that, sadly.

If people are having issues, we expect them to stand up and talk about it, otherwise we can't fix it if we don't know about it!

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven,

I want to thank you so much for your help. 

To All: Keven requested remote access to my computer and we coordinated a time to help me with my problem. We found the issue, and now after returning from my vacation, all is working. Keven was quick to help me resolve my problem and allow me to enjoy the simulation experience with the  PMDG 737NGX that I have be waiting for. So I have nothing but good things to say about my support from FSFX Packages and their team.

Stephen