Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

Boarding Sounds

FS2Crew support and simmers,

Hello! I just purchased the NGX: Reboot after a transition over to P3D, and on first glance, it looks incredible. Systems depth is astounding and I am eager to experiment with it and see what I can come up with. Unfortunately, I've been getting a slight annoyance, and I'm not sure if there's any way it can be fixed. It seems pedantic, though for me it is rather distracting and I was wondering if there's some way it can be dealt with. The problem is in the looping of the boarding sounds. Now I understand that to minimize the size of the audio files, boarding sounds as such must be kept on a loop, though with the loud boarding sound volume, it's quite distracting every time the sound abruptly quits and then comes back. Is there any chance of either disabling the boarding sounds, turning down their volume, or maintaining them without them being cut out (eliminating the fade-out/fade-in)? 

At any rate, thanks for such a great product by and large, and happy holidays everyone!

Regards,

Derek

Hello,

You can turn the sound completely down so you don't hear it anymore in the option of the cfg menu of fs2crew. I'm not home so I cannot point you directly to the correct page of the either the manual or the menu of the fs2crew but you will find it when navigating in the cfg pages.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I actually find the volume of the boarding sound to be quite low, which is the way it should be.

I wonder if your audio hardware is processing the volume for it differently somehow?

Could be - I'll try a few things and let you know if I'm still having troubles. Thanks!

that`s weird, I have the same problem in the Dash-8, boarding sounds also way too loud. And I also moved to P3D recently.

I use FS2Crew products for years now and never really noticed the boarding sounds in FSX. Means they must have been quiet to remain almost unnoticed.

Makes me wonder if P3D has anything to do with it ?

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Not for sure. But if it would have been that disturbingly loud in FSX, I would certainly have noticed it, and I moved from FSX to P3D on the same system.

Unfortunately I don`t have the time to reinstall FSX to check it in detail.

To be honest, I`m not really a fan of repetitive boarding sounds, especially if they run for so long.

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080