Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

737 Immersion from FSFXPACKAGES - anyone tried it?

Have been reinstalling all my addons after replacing P3Dv2.5 with P3Dv3.1 and when I got to PrecipitFX and I went to the developers site to make sure it's P3D3.x compatible and I have the latest version I realized the full immersion package for the NGX has now been released.

Reading about the package it seems very interesting to me with lots of extra cool effects tailor-made for the NGX.

Here's a link to the product page and here's a YouTube clip where the developers talk about the package and show some of the effects.

Anyone tried it yet?

Richard Åsberg

Have been reinstalling all my addons after replacing P3Dv2.5 with P3Dv3.1 and when I got to PrecipitFX and I went to the developers site to make sure it's P3D3.x compatible and I have the latest version I realized the full immersion package for the NGX has now been released.

Reading about the package it seems very interesting to me with lots of extra cool effects tailor-made for the NGX.

Here's a link to the product page and here's a YouTube clip where the developers talk about the package and show some of the effects.

Anyone tried it yet?

GET it - best yet

Rich Sennett

It's quite good.

Especially the lights. Finally I can see them :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

How is it on framerates? Looks good, but not worth a performance hit... PMDG and Orbx are already pushing my poor rig ha

How is it on framerates? Looks good, but not worth a performance hit... PMDG and Orbx are already pushing my poor rig ha

No impact on FPS that I can see. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

PreciptFX is a must have, it makes the rain and snow effect realistic, gets rid of the bug with the snow effect on the ground always trailing the aircraft even when you take off. But I am still on the fence about the immersion packages. I rarely look outside on takeoff and landing, and the videos I have seen of the effects over the wings and engine seem over-done. These effects do not happen very often only in certain conditions. Can you tweak when you see the wing and engine effects at all such as with only certain temperatures and dewpoints?  -David Lee

Thanks for the input, just got the immersion pack and looking forward to try it out!

PrecipitFX already installed and I fully agree, the improved rain and snow textures are worth the cost alone.

Richard Åsberg

Anyone tried it yet?

It's certainly a nice look when you're looking for a screenshot with a cool effect, but a little heavy handed on how often the effect is seen. It's usually only fleeting in the real world, but there's one video of a departure out of DEN where you see a combination of them for whole minutes. For some reason, the sim crowd seems enamored with the fog lights effect, too. I get that it looks different, but different doesn't mean that it's correct. The only time you should see a shaft of light in front of a lamp is when the visibility is really low and hazy, but several add-ons make it mostly permanently visible.

In the 10 years since I've been taking pictures of aircraft (4 of those on the ramp, so read that as "around airplanes for 40 hours per week in all weather conditions"), I don't have a single picture of any of those effects (with the exception of a handful of illuminated fog/rain/haze from landing lights). I've certainly seen them while flying commercially and on my own, but I've only seen them a handful of times.

Kyle Rodgers

I was considering this package for a while but finally decided that my next add on is precipitfx which apparently is a must have. This one mentioned here is not seen often anyway and from time fsrecorder stopped to work with fsx steam it will be of no use to me. Anyway - show us some shots :)

For some reason, the sim crowd seems enamored with the fog lights effect, too.

I think this package lighting only starts fogging up when in fact the weather becomes bad.  If I read right, it looks at the moisture in the air and that triggers the fogging on the light beams.   It's a nice effect.   Flight slimming is art in motion and everyone perceives what looks 'good' differently when it comes to art.

It's a good package.   It is mostly useless if you spend ALL your time in the VC but if you are a film maker or like flying outside the aircraft it's a nice add-on to have.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I think this package lighting only starts fogging up when in fact the weather becomes bad.  If I read right, it looks at the moisture in the air and that triggers the fogging on the light beams.   It's a nice effect.   Flight slimming is art in motion and everyone perceives what looks 'good' differently when it comes to art.

It's a good package.   It is mostly useless if you spend ALL your time in the VC but if you are a film maker or like flying outside the aircraft it's a nice add-on to have.

I agree , I have had it for a few days, but really see it in action because I spend almost all my time on the flight deck. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

The weather has to be BAD before you start seeing illuminated light beams. In their release video, you can see it on a severe clear day.

It's all what people are looking for, so if they like it, then by all means...but don't tell me it's fully realistic. It's not. As someone who spends way too much time around aircraft, with photographic evidence, I can say that these types of effects are routinely heavy handed and overdone. Great for a visual appeal. Not so much for realism.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Did my first flight yesterday since I got the immersion pack and spending 99% of my time in the v/c of course I won't see much of these effects.

Still though I don't regret buying it, I simply like the fact the effects are there even when I don't see them and when I do use another view like looking over the wing during approach on a day with high humidity I think it's really cool.

I noticed this on yesterday's flight and yep...the effect was there and I liked it!

Richard Åsberg

I think probably it is a nice package but really way too expensive for the end result.

Cheers,

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I think probably it is a nice package but really way too expensive for the end result.
I have to agree with you. At $27.00 a pop it's not worth it.