Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Closing down V3.1, always results in "not responding".

I unchecked the box in P3D General Settings that says "prompt on exit" .  It then shuts  down instantly. :smile:

FSUIPC will save a previous flight if you have prompt on exit enabled but it won't with it disabled. I wonder if the hang has something to do with FSUIPC trying to save that flight (with the NGX)?

FSUIPC will save a previous flight if you have prompt on exit enabled but it won't with it disabled. I wonder if the hang has something to do with FSUIPC trying to save that flight (with the NGX)?

Now that's a thought, since it would have to save much more with the PMDG than with some of the other aircraft. I didn't realize it saved anything when I didn't check "auto save" in FSUIPC. I still wonder why this wasn't happening in 3.0, but then this is a new version of FSUIPC which I just downloaded when I installed 3.1. I decided as long as I know it will eventually shut down in 30 seconds, I will just leave the prompt on exit enabled.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

PMDG 737 and/or 777 will have two entries in your DLL.XML, try to disable them and see if the problem persists.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

There are two possible locations of your DLL.XML and EXE.XML -- these are:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 
C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

These two locations for DLL.XML and EXE.XML get merged (in memory) on loading of P3D.  I believe PMDG update the DLL.XML in "Roaming" path ... but it's good to check both sets of DLL.XML and EXE.XML to make sure you do NOT have duplicate entries.

Cheers, Rob.

I didn't realize it saved anything when I didn't check "auto save" in FSUIPC.

There's a setting in FSUIPC.ini but I hadn't seen it in the GUI. Haven't tried it myself but maybe set this to "No" and turn prompt on exit back on just to see if the hang goes away?

[General]
SavePreviousFlight=Yes

• Upvote 1

PMDG 737 and/or 777 will have two entries in your DLL.XML, try to disable them and see if the problem persists.

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

These two locations for DLL.XML and EXE.XML get merged (in memory) on loading of P3D.  I believe PMDG update the DLL.XML in "Roaming" path ... but it's good to check both sets of DLL.XML and EXE.XML to make sure you do NOT have duplicate entries.

Cheers, Rob.

OK, will try it and report back. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>

Cheers, Rob.

Tried these suggestions. In program data no entry for PMDG at all.  In users, the only entry was for the HUD, which I disabled. Nothing for interface.  Same problem.   

There's a setting in FSUIPC.ini but I hadn't seen it in the GUI. Haven't tried it myself but maybe set this to "No" and turn prompt on exit back on just to see if the hang goes away?

[General]

SavePreviousFlight=Yes

There was no entry in the .ini for SavePrevious flight. 

There was no entry in the .ini for SavePrevious flight. 

I believe I may have added that myself now that you mention it, SavePreviousFlight=Yes is apparently default behavior as I don't have it in my FSX version of FSUIPC.ini, yet it still saves the flight. You could put SavePreviousFlight=No anywhere under the [General] section.

I believe I may have added that myself now that you mention it, SavePreviousFlight=Yes is apparently default behavior as I don't have it in my FSX version of FSUIPC.ini, yet it still saves the flight. You could put SavePreviousFlight=No anywhere under the [General] section.

OK, will try that tomorrow. 

You are genius.  That fixed it.....