Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

2 issues

Hello:

I'm experiencing two issues with the PC-12 in FSX Steam.  Also, I did install the modification listed in this forum.

-First, no CDI deflection/movement when in GPS mode.

-Secondly, the power gets stuck/frozen at 100%.  When I level out at altitude I try to reduce the power a little using my throttle, manually by moving the throttle with the mouse, and use the F1/2/3 short keys but the power refuses to change.  I literally have to shut the engine down and re-start the engine before the power responds again appropriately. 

Thoughts/ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Bump

Filler

Filler

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have experienced both problems you mention (in P3D3). I think Bert has a fix for the CDI deflection. I have no idea what's up with the power lever, last time it happened I pulled it back to idle and minimized the sim to the desktop, fiddled around with ASN for a second, then when I went full screen again the power dropped to idle. Very irritating when VCALC tells you it's time to descend and you can't because you can't reduce power to avoid overspeeding. May as well be an OOM, the result is the same (ruined flight). :smile:

Is it possible the power lever gets stuck when you exceed ITT at altitude for an extended period? I'm used to ramming the power lever full fwd above 18,000' or so and now I see my ITT is flashing and I'm over the redline which I guess is a result of the v1.8 overhaul mod. Since then I've been careful about not exceeding ITT (which means power lever is not full forward in cruise) and I haven't seen the power freeze-up since. :blush:

Also I got a fix from Bert Pieke for the CDI deflection, send him and email and tell him to send you the same thing he just sent me. :smile:

Thanks for that quick reply!  Yeah, I find that if I go full power, that's when the power gets "stuck".  If I go about 100 on the ITT, I'm good to go. But hit that 101 and I'm stuck again.

Aaron Ortega

Can I please ask how you installed the MOD.  

So w/ Bert's fix the CDI deflects right/left of course but the needle is stuck in a NW heading.  With the MOD, the needle moves toward the course, but it fails to deflect right/left of course.

Aaron Ortega

I was using it with the GTN 750 in P3D v3, didn't try the default GPS, let me try it and see if I can reproduce the problem.

I can confirm some weirdness. There was a discrepancy between the VC gauge and the 2D gauge, one of them snapped the course needle to next waypoint and the other one didn't, can't remember which. I disabled Bert's gauges and reverted to the carenado defaults for a test and then both needles snapped to the course and as long as I was to the left of course the CDI deflection was OK but when I was to the right of course the needle stayed centered. I tested it once with the GTN completely removed so I know it's not interfering somehow. Bert's mods seem to work fine when the GTN is the nav source so I'm gonna leave it at that, lol.

I installed it BTW by replacing Gauge_EFIS50_EHSI.xml and Gauge_EFIS50_EHSIVC.xml in the PC-12\panel\GAUGEPC12EHSI folder with those from Bert's latest fix (dated 7/12/15 and 7/27/15 respectively). I think in your case using the default GPS I'd be tempted to try and graft the HSI out of the default Lear or B738 into the panel or something.

Thanks for the help.  I appreciate you testing because I couldn't tell if it was my system/set-up or the MODs.  I'll give your suggestion with the default a try.

Stay tuned...I might need more back-up.   :wink:

Aaron Ortega

How does the 750 work in the PC-12?  Have you by chance tried it in the SR-22.  I'd be tempted to purchase it but not if it's incompatible with the airplanes I fly.  Have you heard anything good about the Reality XP GNS 530 for these airplanes?

Cheers.

Aaron Ortega

Can I please ask how you installed the MOD.  

So w/ Bert's fix the CDI deflects right/left of course but the needle is stuck in a NW heading.  With the MOD, the needle moves toward the course, but it fails to deflect right/left of course.

Assuming you have either the F1 GTN750 or RXP GNS530 installed,

Do you have Auto CRS=1 set in the F1GTN.ini,  or AutoCourse=On in the rxpgns.ini file?

Bert

Have you heard anything good about the Reality XP GNS 530 for these airplanes?

Near as I know Reality XP is dead in the water at FSX-MS. You said ou're using Steam Edition right? ...so I don't think you can use the RXP units anyway. Is that the case Bert?

I put the GTN in the PC-12's normal Avidyne location, I have it on a pop-up too though and that's the one I normally use. I didn't want to lose my default GNS's and I hate the Avidyne, it looks like a bad Winamp skin from the late 90's to me, lol.

pc12_02.jpg

Very interesting information here.  Thanks much. I don't have the 750 (yet).  Question though.  How does the PC-12 autopilot (CDI) know to navigate from the 750 and not the generic GPS the airplane comes with?  How do you get any airplane to fly off the 750 and not the default GPS/NAV?

Aaron Ortega

Typically, you do not have several different GPSs in the same airplane..

So you would replace the built in GPS by the GTN 750.

The GTN will drive an FS autopilot, just the same way the built in GPS would.

Bert