Sign in to follow this  
meesterlijk

Imaginesim KATL

I just found out that Imaginesim has a third version of KATL airport. I dont own any versions of The Heartsfield but I'm thinking now to get me one. I also read some of the reactions of people who have earlier versions of Atlanta and the way Imaginesim treats the old customers of this addon. You have to pay the full price in every way. I understand these reactions, somehow its not fair to the loyal customers (I'm one too (KIAD, KDEN)).

My question: do you guys already have v3 of Katl? What do you think? Is it worth that amount of money? Does it perform well?

I have the new version of Atlanta and I like it a lot. I think it is well worth the full price, On my computer performance is not a issue with this scenery.

Bert,

Why don't you download the demo version and check it out for yourself? I have the new version and it is very well done, but my old PC cannot run it with all the options (there is a configator tool that allows you to turn on/off things like trees, vehicles, etc).

Never had a problem with Imaginesim products at all.

Graeme Butler

Thanks,

I will try the demoversion first.

With my earlier desktop I had issues with Imaginesim sceneries because they had so much stacked up on the airports like containers, trucks and all that. Frame rates were terrible. But with my new system these sceneries give no problem. I will give it a go!

Happy new year in the first place to all of you!

Second: I have bought Imaginesim Katlv3 and it is a beauty. I got very nive frame rates with all the boxes checked.

I hope they will continue making sceneris for the fs9 because these sceneries look stunning with very nice fps. There will still be a market?

I have tried the demo and can report that this is a very well done airport that merges beautifully with the surrounding scenery.  My system is mid-range at best and did well using some demanding payware aircraft.

• Upvote 1

For me, it's not a question of how very well done the airport is .... or how it affects frame rate.  It's about paying beaucoup monies for a THIRD addition to an airport I already already purchased from them.

It appears to be a way to continue to generate capital by simply "revising" an existing product into a "new" product ...... and having those who "gotta have the bestest and latest" take the hook, line and sinker.

Just an observation of present market conditions in the FS2004 world of commerce.

For me, it's not a question of how very well done the airport is .... or how it affects frame rate.  It's about paying beaucoup monies for a THIRD addition to an airport I already already purchased from them.

It appears to be a way to continue to generate capital by simply "revising" an existing product into a "new" product ...... and having those who "gotta have the bestest and latest" take the hook, line and sinker.

Just an observation of present market conditions in the FS2004 world of commerce.

++++1

I agree on that btw.

Thats what I already said when I started this topic. Its unfair to charge people for three times on almost the same product. That would have been a reason for me not to buy Atlanta V3 when I already had a previous version.

This is my first and I must say that it is a very good project. They did a good job.

Thats it.

I loaded the demo onto my Steam version of FSX and it is even more impressive than the FS9 version, with moving auto traffic and increased AI.  The bad news is the heavy hit on frame rates (too heavy for me to consider buying it).

Because of the price tag and the way it bogged down my scenery loading in the FS9 version, I will remove the demo, which also has large cubes rendered on each runway,   KPHL freeware is better as is the freeware KBOS.  I need the money for a better rig.

Maybe that is a reason that SimMarket do not sell their products.

I stopped buying after the second version of airports were released, or the upgrade price is a correct (small) amount.

This is a beautifully done scenery however, I had to reformat the trees to dxt1 to elliminate the

white outline artifacts.  The blue edge lights display dark artifacts when illuminated by user

aircraft taxi or landing lights....anyone know of a possible fix?  Thanks, bud