Sign in to follow this  
stans

Buffalo Airways Grounded

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

And here is why.  Attitude towards governing authority and failure to determine gross weight of loaded aircraft resulting in overweight aircraft as well as other violations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/buffalo-airways-suspended-1.3346524

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

oooohhh dearrrrr....trouble at mill.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

There was already episode with Transport Canada of this in past, I don't remember which season I saw it.

But keeping standard safety with those old Iron it's nearly impossible.

Canada it's not a wild government like some country in Africa or Asia

In some season, Joe McBryan try to find parts for the DC3 all over the world, is nearly impossible to find parts that can be used in safety.

It's just vintage collection.

It's time for Joe to sell some old best and buy some Bombardier.

I flew the Curtiss C46 for a few years hauling auto freight out YIP in the late 70's and it was an interesting experience.I was far more concerned about getting hurt from preflighting like slipping and falling off a wet wing in the dark or opening and closing the cargo doors.They were old birds and something was always breaking like losing a magneto etc. but for the most part it was no different than running around in an other piston freight hauler except you got really good at ground handling and crosswind take off and landing.In the time i was there one crew blew an engine and had a short fire incident, a few inflight loss of oil pressure and return for landings were the worst incidents.I was in my mid twenties at the time and it was an adventure I was glad to have experienced before it was all gone.Where they get parts and people familiar with maintaining them would be a real issue today.

• Upvote 1

Gary Stewart

I assume it's pretty hard to keep those DC-3s to today's safety standards. 

Maybe for the best...

I don't remember where I saw it but seems I read not too long ago there was a company in South America that makes parts for the Three. For certian missions seems an irreplaceable machine.

Vic green

Just as 3D Printing technology is getting better, replacement parts could be made but I guess not quite there yet.

I agree time to buy older Dash-8's and 737's with the gravel kits. Surplus C130's would make a great cargo plane as well but expensive to fly.

Matthew Kane

They'll be back with the same old aircraft doing the same old thing that they have done for the last 40 or so years.

Transport Canada is a Joke!! The system needs a total overhaul!

It deserved to be grounded if it can't meet the safety standards.

They'll be back with the same old aircraft doing the same old thing that they have done for the last 40 or so years.

Transport Canada is a Joke!! The system needs a total overhaul!

That's the point. As long as they are the governing body, the air carriers MUST follow the guidelines or be grounded. If the system is screwed up, then go through the proper steps to change it but, in the meanwhile, follow the rules.

If everyone ignored a rule that they felt was not right, we'd have chaos in the skies and everywhere else.

Just MHO,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Buffalo Joe has agreed to  stepping away from the day-to-day operations and a third party will oversee operations, but Transport Canada is still unwilling to lift the suspension.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/buffalo-airways-joe-steps-away-1.3379716